I want to fly over YYZ

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7

I want to fly over YYZ

Post by Pete »

I know there's a yyz controller on this...when/what/how can I fly over yyz with my little 172? Always wanted to do it...at what time of day is best, who do I call before the flight, what are the odds etc? I would also like to park at C27 beside a big big big jet...walk out to the horse shoe and take a picture hehe. Even though the last part will never happen....what would parking it at a gate cost (an airline)? ahh that would be a really cool/funny picture
---------- ADS -----------

Geedub
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Geedub »

My advice to you is, own a transponder, take off for your aerodrome, call YYZ Terminal in the air (about 30 miles from YYZ, if you're from far away), and hope that the operation is not too busy. You never know. Be prepared to be denied clearance to do it...about 99% chance. But, you never know. I know what you're thinking...I'm only a little guy, I can just scoot in to land. But, because you must be radar id'd, the appropriate wake turbulence separation must be applied (anywhere from 3 to 6 miles) behind the aircraft you are following.

As for the best time of day to fly over, on average at about 4 to 5 AM. Yes that's right AM. Don't believe, because there is a curfew, that nothing take's off or lands after midnight. You'd be surprised.

As for costs...no idea. I did hear once, ATC telling a pilot that it would be cost less for him to land his BE58 at YTZ, take a cab to meet his buddy at YYZ, take a cab back, and depart YTZ, than it would to land and depart YYZ.

Goos Luck

toooldforthisstuff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by toooldforthisstuff »

yeah

-flying is life but life is not flying
PA31 Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by PA31 Driver »

i flew a seminole in YYZ & a couple cherokes in a few months ago. It was early morning around 5:30am and i remember calling to get a flow number out that night....

Return to “ATS Question Forum”