YWG center contolers!!

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

YWG center contolers!!

Post by flyinhigh »

Just wanted to say good job guys,
Going into YXL a little while ago, in IMC there was a aircraft on approach and we were number 2, instead of giving us a hold we slowed down, and this particular controller cleared us to the IAF, than the IF, and FAF. We would be cleared for the approach momentarily.
As soon as the other aircraft was down we were clear the approach, which we were already set up and flying, just with altitude restriction.

To me this was extremely effiecient and actually the first time that I saw this done. Exellent job in my mind.

I will ask this one little question on it, he held us at 5,000, while doing this, is there any way you can get us a little lower or is incase there is a miss on the other aircraft.
No pun intended on that question though you did an excellent job, keep it up.

This thread came up by the down and clear thread, thats why i thought of it.
---------- ADS -----------

PC12flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PC12flyer »

I was particularly impressed with one controller who would actually block aircraft into meeting gates at specific times. For example Cleared to CYXL via RORLI direct cross RORLI at XX:XX or later... and then proceeded to give the same clearence to each aircraft coming into YXL that day only with 5 min spacing on the times. I believe on that day there were 5 or 6 aircraft inbound... It worked out great, each aircraft got down without having to hold and were cleard for the approach into YXL when already as low as 4000'. I think that worked out great... unfortunately haven't seen that one employed much lately.

Either way keep up the good work guys and gals of YWG Centre.

Murphy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YWG center contolers!!

Post by Murphy »

cpl_atc wrote:
flyinhigh wrote: No pun intended on that question though you did an excellent job, keep it up.
Nice to see some positive ATC comments for a change. Thanks.
Come on, cpl_atc, These pilots are just blowin' sunshine up your arse!

Everyone knows what crappy service the customer gets at YXL, just ask DOC!!! :lol: :lol:

BTW how is that New Year Resolution of DOC's doing, anyway?

Return to “ATS Question Forum”