question for yyz arrival?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

question for yyz arrival?

Post by flyinhigh »

Hey guys, we often fly into one of the toronto airports,

That said when we go to city center(in from thunder bay), I usually will file, direct SSM vor KZ beacon CYTZ, now if memory serves me correct we was cleared to the mans vor to the kz beacon the cytz, be at the mans vor at 5000.

I can most certainly understand this clearance as you want us out of the way for YYZ arrivals and departures, however is there not anyway that you can keep us up and say 9000 till over KZ. from mans vor to cytz is something like 35 nm(can't quite remember), now if it is windy like is was the other day this makes it most uncomfortable for our passengers and we also suck the fuel back?

so can we not stay up high and do a little steeper decent on the other side of the city?

thanks guys and gals
---------- ADS -----------

sklasz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sklasz »

For a quick answer.. No. For a longer answer... no matter how you slice it, any runway configuration at YYZ at 9000ft you are staring in front of a stream of jets either departing and or arriving, normally you will be at 3000 by KZ, as that is the altitude ceiling for the Satellite controller in that area, you could possibly be up at 5000 but that would entail leaving you on a heading towards Oshawa, It would also depend on the type of AC you are flying, the time of day and the runway config at YYZ. But the procedure is from the north landing KZ or TZ the AC are to be level 5000 entering the terminal area. I know it sucks but unfortunately the the toronto airports that aren't Pearson are considered low priority. But if you ask the controller and traffic permits, you may get it. Once in a while.

Stan Klasz YYZ ACC

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Thanks

Return to “ATS Question Forum”