I dont want no stinking RSC......

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

"VFR not recommended" would make a whole hell of a lot more sence than telling the whole friggen world about 1/4 inch snow drifts!! Unsolisited bad weather reports would almost make sence....how many aircraft have been lost pushing wx vs. the dreaded quarter inch snow drift??
---------- ADS -----------

pokaroo
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pokaroo »

Speaking of a waste of time how about the requirement of ATC to remind you to make your mandatory calls at airports with a MF. It states in CARs the pilot has to do it but for some reason we have to remind them. We actually had a guy pulled recently for this.

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

Doc wrote:"VFR not recommended" would make a whole hell of a lot more sence than telling the whole friggen world about 1/4 inch snow drifts!! Unsolisited bad weather reports would almost make sence....how many aircraft have been lost pushing wx vs. the dreaded quarter inch snow drift??
I see your point especially if the airport normally handles nothing larger than a King Air on a 8000 foot runway

To add some more to the conversation, I know here in YQM many times pilots ask the Tower for a more current RSC than in the ATIS many times. Sometimes even when there's not really any precip. Normally is RJ pilots however.

jonathan_tcu
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jonathan_tcu »

How about after a passing torrential downpour where the runways are literally a pool of water, temporarily halting all traffic? This is just dry humor to summer RSC which has happened at our airport.

FSS wannabe, just curious about stuff, that's all

Return to “ATS Question Forum”