ATC Manops

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

bcrosby
Rank 2
Rank 2

ATC Manops

Post by bcrosby »

I found a copy of the NavCanada ATC Manops from 1999. Does anyone know where I can grab a more recent copy of the document?

http://www.czvr.ca/_Controller_Resource ... ATC_EN.pdf
---------- ADS -----------

matth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ATC Manops

Post by matth »

Looks like one is listed here for 2006 - http://bathursted.ccnb.nb.ca/vatcan/tra ... MANOPS.pdf

lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by lilfssister »

Your link is only six revisions behind what's current, matth, versus eighteen revisions behind for the other one.

nicvangate
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nicvangate »

Hi all,
Is possible to get the link for the 2006 ATC Manop or even a more updated version...?
Thanks,

Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

MANOPS was replaced with MATS a few years ago (2016?). MATS has different versions for each specialty (ACC, TWR, FIC, FSS) which was meant to make it more user friendly. It's also a "living" document and constantly updated. I believe NAV Canada makes a PDF version available to employees, but I'm not sure you'd find an employee willing to circulate a copy of it online. Perhaps a former employee if they'd had a PDF.

At any rate, why do you want it? Can I look something up for you?

Also, MATS is actually derived from CARs wherein you'll find all the separation standards you could ever need want or desire and that's publicly available.

If you're considering a career in ATC, getting your hands on MATS before training wouldn't really be advantageous to you (it's very boring) and you'll be introduced to it ad nauseum once you begin.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Nic: pm me your email.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
tower controller
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tower controller »

Guys vatcan (where the 2006 "MANOPS" is) is a virtual air traffic network, ie it's a game, be careful what you use it for, and besides like lotro says MANOPS is no longer valid it's been replaced by MATS...

Return to “ATS Question Forum”