ITA question

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Clay
Rank 0
Rank 0

ITA question

Post by Clay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:36 am

I'm currently reviewing the ITA cd. I have been under the impression that memorizing MANOPS, CARs etc. is required for all rules/procedures that use the word "state...". For example, "State the rules for making calls on ATC interphones" (M 232.3). Do I actually have to memorize hundreds of paragraphs? Is it humanly possible? If anyone has recently started training... please let me know what the memorization requirements are. I start training in a few weeks...
---------- ADS -----------

Pygmie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ITA question

Post by Pygmie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:20 am

I'm not sure where you got the "state" thing from, but yes, there is A LOT of memorization to do once the course begins. Don't worry about memorizing manops prior to the course, and you need to know what is in CARs, but verbatim memorization of CARs is not required.

Once you begin the course, you will be given binders for each module of training that have all the pertinent manops references for that module (which you absolutely must memorize verbatim).

Sean YOW
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sean YOW » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:03 pm

I started training in June and am currently halfway through the Generic IFR course. I spent alot of time on the ITA CD and I can't say it hurt me. There is a test on the material the first week of training. If you have made a reasonable effort to review the material you should have no trouble passing the test.

Good luck.

Clay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks guys. GREATLY appreciated. I will stop panicking...

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 am

You don't need the MANOPS stuff to start the course.

However, you will be quite sick of MANOPS all in due time :D

Return to “ATS Question Forum”