Recruiting process for ATC

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MikeAndHike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Recruiting process for ATC

Post by MikeAndHike »

I know in YEG they did a whole week of am and pm assessments when I did mine. Not sure if they do it the same there.
---------- ADS -----------

Bzubot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bzubot »

MikeAndHike wrote:Well I received some exciting news today. I have accepted a Standby seat for a VFR course in YEG starting March 4th 2013.
Congrats Mike! Good Luck!!

MikeAndHike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MikeAndHike »

Thanks Bzubot. I am pretty pumped for the chance. I have received my training package and am a couple of "blocks" into the "Introduction to Aviation" computer based training. It's challenging but really interesting.

I hear that IFR is scheduled for May so calls should hopefully go out in December for that one. I hope you get the call!

BOOMER_12
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BOOMER_12 »

Mike, I'm taking the exam in two weeks in YUL. Any advice (things I should study, review)?

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

[broken record]get lots of rest, study the W-Sim[/broken record]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

good luck!

MikeAndHike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MikeAndHike »

I would suggest the same things as EvilGravy and add that practising memory recall wouldn't hurt. All of the tests are timed so make sure of the getting rest and eating about an hour before part. You want to be very very attentive during the testing. It is going to be long and challenging so don't get discouraged. Focus and do the best you can. Good luck Boomer!

MikeAndHike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MikeAndHike »

Hey Guys and Gals,

So I am trying to make good time going through the Introduction to Aviation and remembered that in the info packet they recommend a study buddy. However they don't tell you who else is in your course/standby. So how do you meet others studying this material?

Well, how about it? Are you also going through the ITA program? Do you want to exchange emails/texts to help each other out? I have done really well so far on my own as far as assessment scores go but it would be nice to discuss things to get a better all round grasp on the material. And my wife, while patient, must be getting tired of talking about METAR reports and Radio Navigation Aids to Aviation.

So yeah, PM me and we can chat. If there is a bunch of us we could start an email group or something.

Have a good one,
Mike

TheJudge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheJudge »

Not currently doing the ITA, finished it up awhile ago.. but if you have questions feel free to PM

Last edited by TheJudge on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeAndHike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MikeAndHike »

Sounds good Judge. So far so good. Are you in training right now or still waiting to start? Mind me asking, what stream and what FIR?

TheJudge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheJudge »

Currently training - IFR.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”