National HR Plan

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: National HR Plan

Post by aklinz »

Hey there, GilletteNorth.
Yeah, the delays are very frustrating. My manager (today) told us he had until next Thursday (!) to send in Anniversary date info on each bidder. Next Thursday ? He has also received a call asking when those bidders would be release-able... sigh... more delays. I really think the company has bitten off more than they can chew and are shell-shocked at the massive response this bid has generated. At any rate, let's hope we will start to get some info by next Monday (July 13)
Good luck to all those who bid !
Andrew Klinzmann
---------- ADS -----------

GilletteNorth
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by GilletteNorth »

I get to quote myself woohoo!!
It's almost always just a question of good luck on the timing. One month you bid and accept a job opening for one of your better sites, next month they post a position opening in your dream location... too late for you to get it. It happens.

When NAVCANADA posted that a 'national bid' was going to occur, especially when it involved so many sites, myself and several others believed that meant all FSS could bid. I don't recall seeing anything in their posts stating that restrictions would still be applied. I only wanted to bid on one site and put in for it. Even though it turns out I was a bit down in the list in seniority to have taken the spot anyway, I was a bit peturbed at the fact they removed anyone with a 2 or 3 year checkout restriction. Turns out I was a few weeks short of the 3 years after checkout to have even bothered bidding. Guess I'll have to see what's left over once the dust settles.

Having a standard that pilots lose their licence after making a mistake despite doing no harm to aircraft or passengers means soon you needn't worry about a pilot surplus or pilots offering to fly for free. Where do you get your experience from?
aviatrixfss
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrixfss »

I didn't bother to bid on anything, even though I am at an "affected" site. Six people from this site put in bids, but only 2 of them ended up on the list. :shock: Apparently quite a few people were left off the list for no reason (they had enough time and/or were at affected sites.)
I saw your name in there a few times aklinz. Hope you get what you want.

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Thanks Aviatrix! Hoping like hell; but there is name edited ahead of everyone, who has 35 years in this August (!) Why didn't he take a buyout, or a terminal move ?

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Just got word from our HR person in CZEG. The seniority bid lists are going to be modified (AGAIN !). That is what has been causing delays on issuing of letters of offer. She couldn't elaborate, but some new extra names are to be added to the lists. No word or estimate on when the new, improved lists will be released. Still no word on when letters of offer are to follow.... Hurry up and wait !

bigfssguy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bigfssguy »

There was a mix up on the list and some people at my station were left off. 2 of the 5 people here were not on the list! Only one would have been ineligible due to time at station. No idea what other stations were like but i imagine there was a few other mistakes. Regardless i guess we'll have to wait and see how it affects things.

FSS: puting the Service back in Flight Services....
Zatopec
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Zatopec »

So, are there letters of offer out to anyone yet?

Can't wait to find out. I'm third on a list where two spots are available.

Zatopec
_______

He who has his ear to the ground has his ass exposed
aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Hey Zatopec ! No, no letters of offer (here, anyway). I am constantly questioning our HR rep here in the Edmonton ACC. Different story every time, I'm afraid. Latest is that Staffing (in Ottawa) is going to meet on Monday Aug 10, to discuss when and IF letters will be offered.....
IF ??? Seems like someone came back from vacation and isn't too thrilled with the costs involved with this whole "project" ! Stay tuned...
Andrew Klinzmann

Zatopec
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Zatopec »

Game on, first letters of offer are out!!

Zatopec
_______

He who has his ear to the ground has his ass exposed
bigfssguy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bigfssguy »

Hmm i just checked my email while i was at work and didnt;see anything. Guess i'm not in the first wavee....if at all!!

FSS: puting the Service back in Flight Services....
Hurley_Bird
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hurley_Bird »

Has anyone else received letters of offer???

natej
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by natej »

I know of 2 that have gone out, I'm sure every FIR is going to move at a different pace. Both of these were in YEG.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”