Nav Canada Testing Session

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

thecaptain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nav Canada Testing Session

Post by thecaptain »

Anyone able to give me some insight as to what I can expect during the Nav Canada Testing Session??
---------- ADS -----------

natej
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Nav Canada Testing Session

Post by natej »

When and where are you writing it?

I wrote it a year ago, so the details might be a little fuzzy....

It's about 4-5 hours to write, a series of 10-15 short timed tests. They focus on different areas, spatial reasoning, logic, reading comprehension, math, listening skills, general knowledge, so basically, your aptitude and ability to work in a timed situation. Each test is roughly 10-20 minutes, with a break between each one. Whomever is doing the testing will fully explain each one to you, and they are really friendly and happy to help. Get a good sleep, it's mentally draining.

To prepare for it, I know some guys went to the library and got books on aptitude testing, grade 10 math, just practiced. Brush up on your multiplication, division etc, as you can't use a calculator. Myself, I played brain age and math tutor on my nintendo DS for the month up to it, not sure if it helped, but I think it did. I don't know when you will get your results as to whether you passed or failed, probably a month or two. Thats it... bring some water. You will get a lunch break too, I think.

thecaptain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by thecaptain »

Thanks for the info natej. I'm writing it in Winnipeg on the 19th of May. They are quoting 2:30 - 3:00 hours now for the exam and it starts at 13:30. So lunch won't be an issue :) Sounds like maybe they have removed or combined some of the material but I'll find out for sure on the 19th. Thanks for the tips, I'll take that advice.. Brain Age, lol... I play that a lot actually. haha.

Thanks again!

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

Best of luck!

jakey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jakey »

Almost a year since I took them but natej's advice is sound.

Don't worry too much about the audio section. There was a collective groan when my group finished and I thought I bombed it but still got through.

Good luck!

yippiekaiyea
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yippiekaiyea »

Took the test last year, and honestly, there really isn't any way that one can study for it. It's an aptitude test, and as such, tests whether or not you have an inherent ability to handle the course/career to ensure that the huge cost that they put towards training you will pay off when you pass through. It isn't a test of your intelligence, just if you have a "born" ability to do what's required.

Just relax, and make sure that you are "on your game" when you go to the test, and then give it your best shot, and then forget it. If you get green lighted, awesome, and if not, just remember that it's not about your intelligence.

:)

mina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mina »

thecaptain wrote:Anyone able to give me some insight as to what I can expect during the Nav Canada Testing Session??
Anyone please email me at minaa.r99@gmail.com to give me insight of everything about nav canada process and what to expect for the test and how to be prepared. I would great appreciate it!

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bobbert »

way to revive a 5 year old post,

Also, just look at the other threads, there are tonnes of info there

Firefighter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Firefighter »

Mina how did you make out with the whole process? I am just looking at getting started.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”