YEG fall session?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: YEG fall session?

Post by rspencer38 »

^^

That is perhaps the worst part of it all. To think that you go through so much stress only to fail during training. Cold reality I suppose.
---------- ADS -----------

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

Acey91 wrote:I'm still standby, it'll drive me wild if I don't get a seat. Just a massive inconvenience, more than anything else.
well, I just submitted my withdrawl from the course, so hopefully that translates to good news for you :)

In the end, it was too much risk for me at this point in my life. I'm happy with knowing I made it as far as I did. Sure, maybe I'll regret not going all the way through with it later in life, but the thought of starting over with finding a job etc at close to 40 didn't really appeal to me, nor did the thought of being CT'd after 1.5 years. That, and I've been offered a better position where I'm at currently, so it made this decision a little easier to take.

Best of luck to everyone on the Apr 22 course!

(ps - this is not an april fools joke haha)

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Wow! That must have been one hell of a choice to make.

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for you evilgravy. Wishing the very best of luck to you in whatever you do in the future.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

NFpeanut, any word on your process?

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

nothing as of yet...I called the recruitment center and she tells me that she has a backlog right now so unfortunately for me I have to wait just a little longer. That's why I asked earlier what day your assessment was. I was hoping that she was going to be able to get it all updated before going to gander for the session, but there is another recruiter that travels about as well.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Gotcha, I figured they used a local person for the testing.

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

Our assessment administrator was Joanne, directly from the recruitment center in Ottawa. (check your pm's rspencer)

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

Hey thanks guys... it was a pretty difficult decision for sure...

And for the record, there still may be time for you guys... Joanne JUST got back to my email right now, so I'm sure she's working through the list... :)

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

to evilgravy...I totally understand. I'm kind of in the same situation maybe. 37, trying to start a new career. I don't like my current job however, and need to move on to something else. ATC is something I've thought about for years but just never took the necessary steps until now. It is very daunting to think you might put all that effort and time and money into it only to be cease trained in the end zone. The odds aren't exactly in favor of the students if you look at the check out rates.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

I'm only 26 but i'm in a "decent" career. If I had to do it then I could get by but I really don't enjoy what I do on a day to day basis. I do fear quitting my job and then getting CT'd because it would be hard to find another placement.

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

culver10 - Yes, of course there is the reality that not everyone will make it, however, I think it's important to focus on the positives and not the negative aspects of 'what could be'. But that's just me..

nfpeanut - Keep us posted on when you hear back! They are probably backlogged with all these assessment sessions and training sessions that will be starting soon. Just keep the end goal in mind!

rspencer - Have you completed the assessment session yet? If so, how do you think it went?

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

FlyHigh- wrote:culver10 - Yes, of course there is the reality that not everyone will make it, however, I think it's important to focus on the positives and not the negative aspects of 'what could be'. But that's just me..

nfpeanut - Keep us posted on when you hear back! They are probably backlogged with all these assessment sessions and training sessions that will be starting soon. Just keep the end goal in mind!

rspencer - Have you completed the assessment session yet? If so, how do you think it went?

Yes I believe all of us who apply are aware of how difficult this process is...and also of the reality of how many people do not make it. If no one ever tries though, no one ever makes it. And I'm STILL waiting...I'm hoping this will be the week but I did speak with recruitment center and she did tell me they have quite a backlog so I have to be patient for a little longer I guess.

Acey91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Acey91 »

I'm pretty scared about the low checkout rate... I almost wish I didn't know about it. I've put everything into this and it'll crush me if I don't get through. Gonna give it my all and hope for the best.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

I thought the testing went fairly well. There is always a few tests that are exceptionally tough but overall I'm hoping I did pretty well. I'm expecting to hear back later this week.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Received word this morning that I passed the in-person exam!! Stoked haha! Hoping for good fortunes on the interview.

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

rspencer38 wrote:Received word this morning that I passed the in-person exam!! Stoked haha! Hoping for good fortunes on the interview.
Congrats!! Keep us posted on your progress!

I had the opportunity to go up in the Victoria Harbour FSS last week and it was a very cool experience; the FSS guys had lots of stories and experiences share and it just made me even more excited and hoping for that training call!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”