In Person Interview Results Taking a Long Time

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: In Person Interview Results Taking a Long Time

Post by rspencer38 »

Got the green light on my phone interview this morning! Things moving much quicker then the first portion of my application.
---------- ADS -----------

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

rspencer - very exciting!! Glad things are moving along for you :)

nfpeanut - haven't heard anything from you in a while! Did you get a response on your in person interview yet??

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

FlyHigh- Sadly I did not make it through the final interview. I have some ideas where I went wrong. I had a really good interview, it felt good, and I did have some pretty good feedback while in the actual interview. But...thinking back now a few of my answers I'm sure were red flags, I would say they were mostly in regards to the relocation aspect of the job. It's very disappointing indeed but I can reapply at the start of October again. Knowing what I know now, I do realize some things that I just need to accept about the job if I REALLY want the opportunity. And I need to go in (if I get the opportunity again) with a different attitude about those things. I do worry however how many people ever get a second shot at an interview and actually make it through. I have to keep positive and think that I scored well enough all along to get there, I can probably do it again. Whether or not recruitment will . my application aside because they rejected me once is another story. I will take that chance though.

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

nfpeanut wrote:FlyHigh- Sadly I did not make it through the final interview. I have some ideas where I went wrong. I had a really good interview, it felt good, and I did have some pretty good feedback while in the actual interview. But...thinking back now a few of my answers I'm sure were red flags, I would say they were mostly in regards to the relocation aspect of the job. It's very disappointing indeed but I can reapply at the start of October again. Knowing what I know now, I do realize some things that I just need to accept about the job if I REALLY want the opportunity. And I need to go in (if I get the opportunity again) with a different attitude about those things. I do worry however how many people ever get a second shot at an interview and actually make it through. I have to keep positive and think that I scored well enough all along to get there, I can probably do it again. Whether or not recruitment will . my application aside because they rejected me once is another story. I will take that chance though.
Aww, I'm sorry that's too bad :( That is true though, relocation is part of the job so you definitely have to consider whether or not you are able to do that at this point in your life. I don't think that they would just toss your application aside because you applied previously, because I do think they understand that people's circumstances can change otherwise I don't think they would let people reapply at all. I wish you all the best whatever it is you decide to do!!

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

Yes, I think it especially difficult in the Edmonton FIR, where you may be required to move out of province, not just somewhere else in the province. And really...there is probably a 95% chance if you get VFR in Edmonton region you are going to be posted either in Whitehorse or Yellowknife, or Fort Mac if you are lucky it seems.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

I was called...Once the recruiter contacted me via phone and scheduled the appointment, only then was there an update on the dashboard on the website. The light turned yellow and there was an email that was generated and sent out with the interview details such as date, time and location.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Legacy, what FIR are you in? I also did my Telephone interview about 4 weeks ago and got the green light a few days later! Still waiting as well....

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shoots »

Legacy14 wrote:I am in Toronto FIR.

Looking at some of the wait times mentioned here, I can't complain! I applied mid March and got in to an in-person testing session at the end of March in Mississauga.
I might have been in the same session as you, where are you in the process? how's it going?

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

For those of you waiting for course dates (and those just starting the process), I found a great thread on another aviation forum. Lots of information on how the process works and what to expect during training.

http://www.aviation.ca/Forum/52-air-tra ... ng-process

http://www.aviation.ca/Forum/52-air-tra ... -process-2

There's over 60 pages on this thread, but I found it a worthwhile read and it answered some questions I had.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shoots »

Legacy14 wrote:Thanks DHC-1.

I didn't read every page, I read a few then skipped a few etc. Interesting to see that some people got their course offer just a few weeks before the course started rather than 2-3 months, so it didn't give them a lot of time to do the self-study course. But you do what you gotta do.

shoots, are you aware of anyone from our session (near end of March) having gone on to a final interview? I don't know anyone else that applied so I'm in the dark. 6 weeks now... I better start dusting off plan B.
Legacy, no as far as I know it's just the two of us, but I don't know anyone in our session and if they check forums like these. I am just keeping my current job until I hear some final from them. It all depends where you fall in the rankings. I am hoping to know by the fall, that's my optimistic Outlook.

shoots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shoots »

Just wondering if there are any updates from anyone? I got my green light from my telephone interview on May 5 but haven't heard anything since. Still waiting for a phone call and the light to change on my application, has anyone else had any luck?

I was in the Mississauga testing group in late march, 2014.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RunwayWindAltimer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RunwayWindAltimer »

The fall courses have already started. AFAIK there will be both VFR and IFR courses starting spring '15, calls for those will start to go out in January.

I had a similar time frame to you guys: spring assessment, early summer first interview, didn't get second interview until Oct/Nov, then got a call in January for a March course. Don't give up hope, but also try to put it in the back of your mind. There's no use dwelling on something you can't speed up.

shoots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shoots »

RunwayWindAltimer wrote:The fall courses have already started. AFAIK there will be both VFR and IFR courses starting spring '15, calls for those will start to go out in January.

I had a similar time frame to you guys: spring assessment, early summer first interview, didn't get second interview until Oct/Nov, then got a call in January for a March course. Don't give up hope, but also try to put it in the back of your mind. There's no use dwelling on something you can't speed up.
Appreciate your story, glad to hear it worked out for ya. And hopefully we will fall into the same fate. I've definitely not given up hope, but just like the other people I'm sure, I'm just excited to get a chance at this career. Hopefully we'll get calls next month, but I know the application is active for 18 months.

What stream did you end up doing? Did you make it through? Any tips for the rest of us?
Thanks!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”