Application Process Samples

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Message
Author
crobertson
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#26 Post by crobertson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 pm

FIR: YWG
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR,FSS,IFR
Online Application Date: 16 Nov 2013
In person assessment invitation date: 27 Nov 2013
In person assessment: 28 Jan 2014
In person assessment result: 11 Feb 2014
Phone Interview invite: 11 Feb 2014
Phone Interview: 14 Feb 2014
Phone Interview result: 17 Feb 2014
In person interview invite: 9 Mar 2015
In person Interview: 11 Mar 2015
In person Interview result: 19 Mar 2015 - VFR stream
Offer made: 1 Jun 2015 - VFR
Training starts: 24 Aug 2015

Got a call today from the recruitment centre in Ottawa. :)
---------- ADS -----------
  

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#27 Post by bobbert » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 am

FIR : YWG
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR, VFR, FSS
Online Application Date: Feb 14, 2015
In person assessment invitation date: Feb 17, 2015
In person assessment: Mar 12, 2015
In person assessment result: Mar 20, 2015
Phone Interview invite: March 21, 2015
Phone Interview: April 11, 2015
Phone Interview results : April 13, 2015
In person interview invite: May 20, 2015
In person Interview: May 22, 2015
In person results : June 3rd, 2015 --> IFR Stream
Offer:
---------- ADS -----------
  

canada123
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:21 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#28 Post by canada123 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 am

Congratulations bobbert! I'm new on the forum, but I just noticed that it looks like we were at the same In person assessment.

I completed my phone interview a couple of months ago and I'm just waiting for the invite for the In person interview.

I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions:

Can you give me any advice on the In person interview and whether they were contacting more candidates any time soon?

Thanks for your time.
---------- ADS -----------
  

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#29 Post by bobbert » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 pm

sure,

PM me and ask away
---------- ADS -----------
  

filawave
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#30 Post by filawave » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 pm

FIR : YYC
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR, VFR, FSS
Online Application Date: April 23, 2015
In person assessment invitation date: May 1, 2015
In person assessment: May 20, 2015
In person assessment result: June 1, 2015
Phone Interview invite: June 2, 2015
Phone Interview: June 10, 2015
Phone Interview results :
In person interview invite:
In person Interview:
In person results :
Offer:

Can anyone PM some tips or advice for the phone interview?

Thanks in advance!
---------- ADS -----------
  

TheSteamingPile
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#31 Post by TheSteamingPile » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 pm

FIR: YYZ
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR,VFR,FFS
Online Application Date: 19 Jan 2015
In person assessment invitation date: 23 Apr 2015
In person assessment: 8 May 2015
In person assessment result: 15 May 2015
Phone Interview invite: 19 May 2015
Phone Interview: 22 May 2015
Phone Interview result: 23 May 2015
In person interview invite: 5 Jun 2015
In person Interview: 9 Jun 2015
In person Interview result: 13 Jun 2015
Offer made: 21 July 2015
Training starts: 14 September 2015
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by TheSteamingPile on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gracaj3
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#32 Post by gracaj3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 pm

FIR : YEG
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR, VFR, FSS
Online Application Date: 2015-03-31
In person assessment invitation date: 2015-05-01
In person assessment: 2015-05-20
In person assessment result:2015-06-01
Phone Interview invite:2015-06-04
Phone Interview:2015-06-13
In person interview invite:2015-06-24
In person Interview:2015-07-14
In person Interview results: 2015-07-17 (IFR)
Training offer: ???
---------- ADS -----------
  

YYG_cpt
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#33 Post by YYG_cpt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 am

FIR : YQM
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Application Date: 2015-03-18
In person assessment invitation date: 2015-05-15
In person assessment: 2015-06-16
In person assessment result: 2015-06-25
Phone Interview invite: 2015-06-28
Phone Interview: 2015-07-02
Phone Interview Result: 2015-07-03
In person interview invite: 2015-09-24
In person Interview: 2015-09-30
In person Interview results: 2015-12-06
Training offer: 2016-02-04 (declined)

Declined the offer as I was offered an excellent opportunity with a local employer while awaiting my interview results.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by YYG_cpt on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

gmcb10
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#34 Post by gmcb10 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 pm

FIR: YEG
Preference: VFR, IFR, FSS
Online application: March 28, 2015

In-person assessment: May 20, 2015
In-person assessment results: June 1, 2015

Phone interview: June 8, 2015
Phone interview results: June 9, 2015

In-person interview: July 14, 2015
Streamed: July 17, 2015 (IFR)

Offer: ???
---------- ADS -----------
  

ProfessionalATC
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#35 Post by ProfessionalATC » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:31 pm

FIR : YEG
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR,VFR,FSS
Online Application Date: February 29, 2016
In person assessment: March 10, 2016
In person assessment result: March 18, 2016
Phone Interview invite: March 20, 2016
Phone Interview: March 29, 2016
Phone Interview Greenlight : March 30, 2016

Waiting for next step...
---------- ADS -----------
  

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#36 Post by rspencer38 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:35 pm

FIR : YQX
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Application Date: January 14th 2013
In person assessment invitation date: March 21st 2014
In person assessment: April 4th 2014
In person assessment result: April 14th 2014
Phone Interview invite: May 6th 2014
Phone Interview: May 8th 2014
Phone Results: May 13th 2014 (Green Light)
In person interview invite: Sept 28th 2014
In person Interview: Nov 28th 2014 (Reschuled Jan 21st, 2015)
In person Results: March 7th 2015 (Green Light - IFR)
Offer: June 21st 2016 (VFR) - Accepted pending medical and clearance

Added results of offer
---------- ADS -----------
  

ProfessionalATC
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#37 Post by ProfessionalATC » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Rspencer38, congrats man, you were concerned about being timed out but it worked out for you in the end.
---------- ADS -----------
  

belivo
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#38 Post by belivo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 pm

ProfessionalATC wrote:Rspencer38, congrats man, you were concerned about being timed out but it worked out for you in the end.
yes, happy to see that for you Rspencer38. CONGRATS!

VFR in YQM! Nice, that's my region. When did they tell you group would begin?
---------- ADS -----------
  

4nANT
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#39 Post by 4nANT » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:13 am

rspencer38 wrote:FIR : YQX
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Application Date: January 14th 2013
In person assessment invitation date: March 21st 2014
In person assessment: April 4th 2014
In person assessment result: April 14th 2014
Phone Interview invite: May 6th 2014
Phone Interview: May 8th 2014
Phone Results: May 13th 2014 (Green Light)
In person interview invite: Sept 28th 2014
In person Interview: Nov 28th 2014 (Reschuled Jan 21st, 2015)
In person Results: March 7th 2015 (Green Light - IFR)
Offer: June 21st 2016 (VFR) - Accepted pending medical and clearance

Added results of offer
Congratulations! They sure made you sweat that one out.
---------- ADS -----------
  

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#40 Post by rspencer38 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:38 am

Thanks everyone! It has been one very very long road, so i'm happy to see it finally coming to an end. I was only a month or two away from timing out so this was essentially my last shot this time around.

Course starts at the end of Sept. They didn't specify which tower (YQX/YYT) we would be headed for after basic.
---------- ADS -----------
  

chobs
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#41 Post by chobs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:33 am

belivo wrote:
ProfessionalATC wrote:Rspencer38, congrats man, you were concerned about being timed out but it worked out for you in the end.
yes, happy to see that for you Rspencer38. CONGRATS!

VFR in YQM! Nice, that's my region. When did they tell you group would begin?
He is in YQX, not YQM. Their session begins in September.
---------- ADS -----------
  

belivo
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#42 Post by belivo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 am

chobs wrote:
belivo wrote:
ProfessionalATC wrote:Rspencer38, congrats man, you were concerned about being timed out but it worked out for you in the end.
yes, happy to see that for you Rspencer38. CONGRATS!

VFR in YQM! Nice, that's my region. When did they tell you group would begin?
He is in YQX, not YQM. Their session begins in September.
DOH...thanks..my bad...still awesome news!
---------- ADS -----------
  

poseidon
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#43 Post by poseidon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 pm

FIR : YYZ
Preference order: VFR, IFR, FSS

Online Application Date: December 03, 2014
Online application results: December 17, 2014 (Green Light)

In person assessment invitation date: October 05, 2015
In person assessment: October 21, 2015
In person assessment result: October 27, 2015 (Green Light)

Phone Interview invite: November 02, 2015
Phone Interview: November 06, 2015
Phone Results: November 07, 2015 (Green Light)

In person interview invite: May 09, 2016
In person Interview: June 23, 2016
In person Results: June 27, 2016 (Green Light - IFR)

Offer: patience is key!
---------- ADS -----------
  

4nANT
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#44 Post by 4nANT » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 pm

poseidon wrote:FIR : YYZ
Preference order: VFR, IFR, FSS

Online Application Date: December 03, 2014
Online application results: December 17, 2014 (Green Light)

In person assessment invitation date: October 05, 2015
In person assessment: October 21, 2015
In person assessment result: October 27, 2015 (Green Light)

Phone Interview invite: November 02, 2015
Phone Interview: November 06, 2015
Phone Results: November 07, 2015 (Green Light)

In person interview invite: May 09, 2016
In person Interview: June 23, 2016
In person Results: June 27, 2016 (Green Light - IFR)

Offer: patience is key!

Hey Poseidon, did they mention a simulator test after your 2nd interview? After I completed mine they said they would invite some candidates back for it.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------
  

poseidon
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#45 Post by poseidon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:08 pm

4nANT they didn't mention anything like that during the interview. Maybe it's just something they are testing out in different regions?
---------- ADS -----------
  

sahous
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:26 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#46 Post by sahous » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:46 am

FIR : YUL
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Testing date and results: March 20, 2015
In person assessment invitation date: Mid-January 2016 (Had to decline testing invitations 3 times for work reasons)
In person assessment: February 5, 2016
In person assessment result: February 11, 2016
Phone Interview: February 20, 2016
Phone Interview Results: March 7, 2016
French test: March 9, 2016
French test results: April 12, 2016
In person Interview: April 5, 2016
In person Interview Results: 18 May, 2016
Offer: June 9, 2016 - CYOW VFR in October

Anyone else on this course? :)
---------- ADS -----------
  

QK-FA
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#47 Post by QK-FA » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:10 am

FIR : YYZ
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): IFR, VFR, FSS
Online Testing date and results: December 29, 2015
In person assessment: February 5, 2016
In person assessment result: February 11, 2016
Phone Interview: February 26, 2016
Phone Interview Results: March 7, 2016
In person Interview: May 27, 2016
In person Interview Results: May 31, 2016
Offer: July 14, 2016 - YYZ IFR
Training date: September 12, 2016
---------- ADS -----------
  

poseidon
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#48 Post by poseidon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:39 am

Well as long as my medical and references check out im on a VFR course in September!!!!





FIR : YYZ
Preference order: VFR, IFR, FSS

Online Application Date: December 03, 2014
Online application results: December 17, 2014 (Green Light)

In person assessment invitation date: October 05, 2015
In person assessment: October 21, 2015
In person assessment result: October 27, 2015 (Green Light)

Phone Interview invite: November 02, 2015
Phone Interview: November 06, 2015
Phone Results: November 07, 2015 (Green Light)

In person interview invite: May 09, 2016
In person Interview: June 23, 2016
In person Results: June 27, 2016 (Green Light - IFR)

Offer: July 18, 2016 - YYZ VFR
Training Date: September 12, 2016
---------- ADS -----------
  

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Application Process Samples

#49 Post by rspencer38 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:49 am

poseidon wrote:Well as long as my medical and references check out im on a VFR course in September!!!!





FIR : YYZ
Preference order: VFR, IFR, FSS

Online Application Date: December 03, 2014
Online application results: December 17, 2014 (Green Light)

In person assessment invitation date: October 05, 2015
In person assessment: October 21, 2015
In person assessment result: October 27, 2015 (Green Light)

Phone Interview invite: November 02, 2015
Phone Interview: November 06, 2015
Phone Results: November 07, 2015 (Green Light)

In person interview invite: May 09, 2016
In person Interview: June 23, 2016
In person Results: June 27, 2016 (Green Light - IFR)

Offer: July 18, 2016 - YYZ VFR
Training Date: September 12, 2016
Fantastic news! Looks like we'll be going through essentially the same process at the same time! We should keep in touch via PM.
---------- ADS -----------
  

yycatchopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am

Re: Application Process Samples

#50 Post by yycatchopeful » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:05 am

Figured I would start mine now...

FIR : YEG
Preference order (FSS,VFR,IFR): VFR, IFR, FSS
Online Application Date: July 14, 2016
Online Application Green Light: July 15, 2016

In person assessment invite: July 18, 2016
In person assessment: July 21, 2016
In person assessment Green Light: August 4, 2016

Phone Interview invite: August 9, 2016
Phone Interview: August 19, 2016
Phone Interview Green Light: August 22, 2016

In person interview invite: September 20, 2016
In person Interview: October 20, 2016
In person interview result: November 2, 2016 - VFR pool

Training Offer: February 28, 2017 (FSS - YVR May 1 - declined)

Course start date:
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by yycatchopeful on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post Reply

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”