Nav Canada Application

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Guzen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Nav Canada Application

Post by Guzen »

Hi,

Regarding the process for applying to Nav Canada for ATC training...

If I apply online, then am invited to an "assessment session", how much notice do they give people? (I live and work outside of Canada now and have to give my employer a lot of notice before taking any time off).

Is there any way during the initial application of notifying Nav Canada of my situation, that I live overseas?

Also, there seems to be two interviews, assuming that all goes well. A telephone interview and an in-person interview. Does anyone out there know at what part of the process the in-person interview is held?

Thanks for your help.
---------- ADS -----------

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Nav Canada Application

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

I was given approximately 1 month's notice for the in-person assessment. I believe during that stage on your application dashboard website they provide a phone number where you can contact the recruitment office if you need to cancel your assessment. You could probably let them know at that point that you are out of country.

The in-person interview is the final interview and the order of application (along with my dates) is:

1. Online assessment (Sept.12, 2013)
2. In-person assessment (Oct. 30, 2013)
3. Telephone interview (Dec. 12, 2013)
4. Submission of documents (transcripts, etc.) (Jan. 24, 2014)
5. In-person interview (May 9, 2014)
6. Training offer received (July 2, 2014)

To give you a timeline, I first applied on Sept. 12, 2013 and my course begins Sept. 8, 2014 so it was almost a year from application to training.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

For me it was only about 10 days etc... I found out towards the end of March and wrote April 3rd.

RexKrammer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RexKrammer »

I had about a month's notice. If you get through to the telephone interview stage they will coordinate a time mutually convenient for you and the interviewer.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

deleted

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Legacy14 wrote:
example: here is what you see after the telephone interview:
"Congratulations! Your results have been tabulated and you have successfully completed the First Round Interview.
You have now reached the final Interview phase of this selection process. It is important for us to reiterate that this is a highly competitive process and your results are measured against others in the pool. Information related to your ranking within this pool cannot be disclosed as it may change on a daily basis. Only those with exceptional results will be contacted to schedule a suitable time for the final interview."
That is exactly where I am now! Only part of the process I dislike is not really knowing whether you clearly have a shot. I passed the first round interview where as a friend of mine did not. Right now I'm in limbo and it's kinda irritating. I get the sense that NavCanada likely has a good idea whether or not a candidate will be moving on but chooses not to disclose it, so getting the green light and never hearing from them is frustrating.

None the less, hope for the best and have patience. It took over a year to hear about my in-person exam!

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

deleted

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guzen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Guzen »

Thanks everyone for the info. :)

Return to “ATS Question Forum”