Nav Canada Assessment Session/Dates

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jcher28
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nav Canada Assessment Session/Dates

Post by jcher28 »

Hello Everyone,

I've just made it through the online testing though the takecharge.ca website and am now waiting to (hopefully) attend an assessment session.
I've been reading the forum for the past few days and it seems like they just held an assessment session in Vancouver at the end of April. Bummer.

I guess my questions are:

1. Do they normally only run once a year in certain areas? Will I have to wait until April 2015 before it comes back to the Vancouver area?
2. Is it possible to attend an assessment session in another area? If I find out they're hosting a session in Toronto, what are the odds I could ask to attend that one out of my own pocket?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

J
---------- ADS -----------

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Nav Canada Assessment Session/Dates

Post by FlyHigh- »

jcher28 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I've just made it through the online testing though the takecharge.ca website and am now waiting to (hopefully) attend an assessment session.
I've been reading the forum for the past few days and it seems like they just held an assessment session in Vancouver at the end of April. Bummer.

I guess my questions are:

1. Do they normally only run once a year in certain areas? Will I have to wait until April 2015 before it comes back to the Vancouver area?
2. Is it possible to attend an assessment session in another area? If I find out they're hosting a session in Toronto, what are the odds I could ask to attend that one out of my own pocket?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

J
I'm pretty sure these questions have been answered in previous threads already, but here's my two cents:

They run the assessment sessions as they need them, some areas more than others as there is a greater need. Generally speaking though, they seem to run assessment sessions usually two times a year from what I've seen, although that being said Vancouver does appear to be one of the regions that does not run training sessions as often as the Edmonton region for example.

When I did my assessment session there was a guy there who lived in the maritimes and flew to Edmonton to do the assessment. I didn't ask too many details, but it seemed like they made an exception for him to attend elsewhere. However, he did say that also meant that if he was successful in the process, he would be offered training and posted in the Edmonton region though. I would suggest contacting the recruitment centre directly to find out answers to your specific situation though.

Hope that helps!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “ATS Question Forum”