Moncton ACC

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

francois201
Rank 0
Rank 0

Moncton ACC

Post by francois201 »

Anybody working in moncton here? Just curious about the life over there? General satisfaction of the personel, quality of life, etc?
---------- ADS -----------

RXSarsaparilla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Moncton ACC

Post by RXSarsaparilla »

Life in YQM? My mother always told me that if I couldn't say anything nice then I shouldn't say anything at all...

francois201
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by francois201 »

Lol! Are you a big city type of person? As long as there's a movie theater and a few restaurants im good !

RXSarsaparilla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RXSarsaparilla »

I was referring (or, perhaps more correctly, not referring) to life inside the ACC. Life on the "outside" is great. Gorgeous part of the country, little in the way of congestion, outdoor activities available for all 4 seasons. The affordable housing is balanced by annual increases in property taxes (my mistake! Property taxes aren't increased every year, your property is reassessed every year...allowing you the opportunity to pay more property tax) and thanks to our newly elected provincial government, the highest provincial taxes in the country for people in our tax bracket (I believe it was said to be in the 21% range).
Inside the building, changes need to be made to change it from the toxic atmosphere that is present in the company/controller relations aspect. But as momma said, I best not say anything at all....

francois201
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by francois201 »

Thanks for the input! I guess you're a controller there? How many years? If you could start all over again what would you do different? Seems to me with the housing market and general cost of living in this area a ifr controller should be very well off no?

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

RXSarsaparilla wrote: and thanks to our newly elected provincial government, the highest provincial taxes in the country for people in our tax bracket (I believe it was said to be in the 21% range).
Trust me, your tax brackets aren't that bad. Let me show you what us folks here at YUL ACC have to deal with.....

2014 provincial tax brackets.

New Brunswick

9.68% on the first $39,305 of taxable income, +
14.82% on the next $39,304, +
16.52% on the next $49,193, +
17.84% on the amount over $127,802

Quebec

$41,495 or less - 16%
More than $41,495 but not more than $82,985 - 20%
More than $82,985 but not more than $100,970 - 24%
More than $100,970 - 25.75%

I'm pretty certain even the 2015 tax brackets of NB will be no match for the Quebec ones....

As for life inside the ACC, I wouldn't worry about it so much. The same issues you are speaking about (merging sub-units) are seen at other ACC's. You guys must be doing something right in Moncton, since there is always 20+ controllers trying to bid for a spot in YQM on every annual seniority bid.

Speaking of which....tell those old farts with 35+ years of seniority to get the hell out already.....(please dont tell me you're one of them !) It's called RETIREMENT......you know....golfing......vacationing in a warmer climate......yadayadaya....

Thenoflyzone

francois201
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by francois201 »

Yup taxes in Qc do suck+ you have to deal with the stupid montreal trafic and the more expensive real estate!!!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Montréal real estate is fairly cheap compared to Toronto or Vancouver. So yeah more taxes but cost of living is fairly low for a city of this size. You can't really compare with the gander or Moncton.

francois201
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by francois201 »

Yes montreal is cheaper than toronto and vancouver but I really don't care for a big city! In fact, I much prefer a smaller city/town. Sitting in my car stuck in traffic is not what I consider fun time lol!

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

The question wasn't which was better between a city and a town. It was just a statement on the real estate. Also as an ATC in Montréal you are pretty much against the traffic all of the time except for a few exceptions. I have not been in traffic for a long time and I live downtown. Grass is always greener on the other side as they say.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”