In-Person Assessment Tips

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

evanklassen
Rank 0
Rank 0

In-Person Assessment Tips

Post by evanklassen »

Hi all,
I'm sure this is covered elsewhere here, but I've just been invited to an in-person assessment in YWG for the end of October.

Can anyone suggest topics to study, or any tips about the process?

Looking forward to getting started prepping for this!

Thanks
evan
---------- ADS -----------

Axial Flow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: In-Person Assessment Tips

Post by Axial Flow »

Hello !

First I would suggest arriving well rested with 3 HB pencils, pen, candidate ID number handy (even though they provide that on a card when you check in) and of course the fee on a bank draft or certified cheque.

Sit near the front of the room so that when it comes to the listening skill portion you can easily hear what is said ( I sucked ass at this part, if you have a good memory just listen, if you are good at short hand write it down).

1st test is a typical aptitude test...IE apples are 3 cents, if billy has 93 cents how many apples can he buy. Logic questions included....all students study, the boys are students, therefore they study.... There is a about 3 pages of questions....I made it to the bottom of the first page and will let you know next week if you should even take my advice. Basically if you are good at logical arguments and simple math you will do OK.

2nd test is W-Sim...basically know how many miles per minute is calculated and use the distance bar they give you on the test. Also remember that # is priority when added to the data tag of an aircraft. Simple math.

3-5 tests all involve shapes, vocabulary, common knowledge (who wrote the nutcracker symphony), meaning of words and other common stuff. Either you know it or you don't. If you don't in the end maybe try reading :)

Was a great experience, first time I have been challenged since cramming for final psych exam in college going in with a 35% with exam worth 50% of mark.

I stayed at the hotel the exam was in so I didn't have to worry about being on time and when I find out how this experience all goes I will let you know if all the voodoo I did was worth it.

Best of luck, please update when you have your results.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

What region did you write the exam for?

Axial Flow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Axial Flow »

CZEG

Jami123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jami123 »

3-5 tests all involve shapes, vocabulary, common knowledge (who wrote the nutcracker symphony), meaning of words and other common stuff. Either you know it or you don't. If you don't in the end maybe try reading :)

Looking forward to getting started prepping for this!

Get
sikridak
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sikridak »

Are there any spatial memory tests or anything like Digit Sequencing or digit span tests? I just want to know what to expect for the assessment even though there is no way to prepare for these tests!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”