NAVCanada phone interview

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 1
Rank 1

NAVCanada phone interview

Post by 1053857 »

Hello all,
I have recently applied for ATC and I have some questions particularly on the first round interview.
I know this interview is a behavioural based interview where they ask you to recall certain situations. That is the issue: if you were to ask me for example of a time where I had to handle a stressful situation, I wouldn't for the life of me be able to answer!
How do you prepare for this interview? What skills should I list down and think about? And how do I pick which "stories" are worth telling? Not to mention, I am farely young and don't have huge work experience, how would someone like me answer these questions without sounding like I've done nothing in my life? I am literally terrified for this interview!

Aside from the behavioural part, do they ask you "what would you do if" questions?
Any other types of questions? (About the company itself for example).

Any other insight is greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to all !
---------- ADS -----------

miguelito
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: NAVCanada phone interview

Post by miguelito »

Hi,

Here's what you need to know for the interview. Some things will be in french... use google to translate.

Know as much as you can about the job (VFR, IFR, FSS). On the Take Charge site, there is PDF about jobs, pages, etc. Take notes. Even if you apply for IFR, know what is a FSS.

Know basic things about NAV Canada. Services, priorities, visions... History of the Nav Canada

After :
1. Be able to talk about you. Scolarship, working experiences, qualities, what do you like in a job.
2. En quoi êtes-vous qualifié pour ce poste? / Why you for that job?
3. Quelle est votre plus grande réalisation? Scolar, work, family, etc.
4. Stress situations in your life. It could be personal, family, school. How did you manage this situation?
5. Goals you have accomplish in your life, or you have in the future. Something different than working for nav canada!

After that, it's situation about aviation, but you don't need to know much about it. Answer like you know it and don't forget about : sécuritaire, efficace et ordonné. Security first!

Whatch videos on nav canada sites, read articles about the nav canada, etc.

Prepare 1 or 2 questions to ask at the end.

I hope it will help you!

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 1053857 »

Thank you, miguelito, your insight is greatly appreciated!

Interesting how they ask you things in French, good thing I am bilingual though!

When they ask you for example stressful situations in your life, will they precise at work/family etc. or is it up to me to find an example regardless of the environment it was in?

Once again, thank you miguelito,
does anybody else have any other info that could be useful to me?

JVader
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JVader »

YEG region, never had anything asked in french....

Acey91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Acey91 »

JVader wrote:YEG region, never had anything asked in french....
Likewise. YEG, no French.

cycanada
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cycanada »

French would only pertain to the Montreal FIR or perhaps vfr for iles de Madeleine . And manops lol. Other then that it will be exclusively in English.

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

cycanada wrote:French would only pertain to the Montreal FIR or perhaps vfr for iles de Madeleine . And manops lol. Other then that it will be exclusively in English.
There is no VFR tower in YGR, FSS only.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

Every unit within Montreal FIR is bilingual.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”