The Flight Nurse/ Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) will accompany patients in basic Air Ambulance service. They are to act in direct patient care during the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
The Flight Nurse/ ACP works closely with the other members of the crew and flight followers. They must be in constant communication to ensure Medevac transfers are performed efficiently and effectively.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for direct patient care during all aspects of the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
• Works closely with the other members of the crew (pilots), flight followers and other groups also involved in the transfer of patients.
• Maintain constant communication with the different groups internally and externally to ensure Medevac’s are performed efficiently and effectively
• Within this capacity, he/she acts as a representative for Perimeter Aviation LP and reports to the Chief Aeromedical Specialist/ Director of Medevac Services and the Medical Director.
• Ensure on time performance as it relates to chute time
• Ensure all equipment check lists are completed as per protocol
• Will arrive at work on time and ready to work in Medevac uniform
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Current or able to obtain Manitoba Health Aeromedical Attendant License and maintain license every three years
• Current CRNM or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) registered in Manitoba.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• Current Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) certification
• Current Pre - Hospital Trauma Life Support Certification (PHTLS)or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
• Graduate of a recognized critical care or emergency nursing course, or minimum two years related nursing experience or recognized ACP program.
• Aeromedical Specialist must successfully complete an aeromedical training course approved by the Minister (CAMATA).
• Child Abuse Registry check.
• Criminal Record check.
• Able to obtain RAIC WAA y pass
• Enhanced Education and Experience is considered an asset
• Previous Flight Nurse/ACP experience is considered an asset
• Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
Perimeter Aviation's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to: HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.