Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air is seeking a Pilot Records Assistant (Contract) to join our Aviation Department.
POSITION AVAILABLE: PILOT RECORDS ASSISTANT
STATUS: TEMPORARY; 14-MONTH CONTRACT
LOCATION: 5310 EXPLORER DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, FLIGHT OPERATIONS
As a member of the Ornge Air team, the position is responsible for maintaining the Company’s Fixed Wing pilot records program, including, but not limited to: maintaining electronic and hard copy training files for initial, recurrent and upgrade training. Ensuring the Company’s qualification management system is updated and accurate. Supporting the training department with quality control checks to ensure all forms are completed in their entirety and that scheduled training is completed on time. The successful candidate will be required to liaison with the training and scheduling departments to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures set out in the Company’s flight crew training manual.
• Establish and maintain pilot training files, including initial, recurrent and upgrade training;
• Ensure all training data is maintained within the Company’s qualifications management system;
• Coordinate online and other training assignments for flight crew;
• Ongoing communication with pilots and training department staff to ensure all required training is complete;
• Provide bimonthly coming due reports to training department staff;
• Complete quality assurance checks on all training packages, to ensure conformance with the flight crew training manual;
• Assist in the design, development and maintenance of online and other training;
• Liaise with the scheduling department to ensure compliance with the Company Operations Manual;
• Ongoing and timely communication with Training Managers;
• Provide administrative support for Flight Operations;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-Secondary education required, a degree/diploma in aviation or a relate discipline is preferred;
• Minimum three (3) years’ of relevant operational experience in aviation or related industry;
• Experience in flight operation training is required (Transportation Canada; CARS & CASS);
• Prior flight crew training records experience;
• Experience in a quality control environment with a strong attention for detail;
• Ability to work within policies and practices of multiple stakeholders;
• Self-motivated, able to manage deadlines effectively;
• Experience with Aviation document management and administration;
• Experience working in Aviation or Corporate library is preferred;
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and effectively manage numerous priorities and deadlines;
• Proficiency in the utilization of MS Office Suite is required;
• Adaptable, self-motivated and ability to manage deadlines effectively and with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers no later than March 29, 2020. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.