Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Direct Report: Base Crew Chief
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YYC – Maintenance Apprentice” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
We are looking for a Maintenance Apprentice to work with our licensed AME’s to troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures as directed by the Base Engineer / Crew Chief. This successful candidate will be based in Calgary, AB. Our philosophy is that we want to find the right person to complement our existing workforce, not just a body to fill our recruitment needs. We work to ensure our teams are diverse, dynamic and well rounded. Our Maintenance Teams may not be large, but we are mighty; our experienced AME’s bring a wealth of industry and technical knowledge, our Junior AME’s are determined and motivated with many working on obtaining their dual licence and aircraft endorsements and our Apprentices are eager, tenacious and dedicated, a characteristic we are proud to attribute to our in-house AME Apprenticeship program. We understand that our employees want to do their best; we can help them achieve this through proper training, support and providing them with the resources needed to do their jobs.
• Calgary, AB:
We are looking for an individual to work a full time position based in Calgary, AB. The successful candidate for this position will have completed a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program, working towards obtaining their Transport Canada AME M1 licence. Applicants must have a minimum 2 years Aviation experience, 1 year previous AME Apprentice Experience with experience on North Cariboo Aircraft types (KA200, BE1900D, DHC8-300, RJ100).
If you’re wondering whether this position, or even if North Cariboo is right for, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them! Visit our website for more information www.flynca.com.
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of North Cariboo Air’s aircrafts and upholding our Safety Management System.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures as directed by the Base Engineer / Crew Chief
• Ensure familiarity and conformity to Transport Canada regulatory standards and the procedures contained in the SMP
• Accurately complete all paperwork for assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot faulty systems to determine a course of rectification in conjunction with the Base Engineer / Crew Chief
• Perform various duties including engine runs and aircraft towing, as trained and authorized to do so
• Conduct hangar clean up and maintenance
• Order and maintain inventory of parts and supplies
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• Other duties as assigned
Base Specific Aircraft Types: KA200, BE1900D, DHC8-300, RJ100
• Completion of Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• 2 (two) years’ minimum aviation experience, 1 (one) year minimum AME Apprentice experience
• Experience working with the current fleet a requirement
• Experience working with RAAS required
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have excellent mechanical aptitude
• Often on feet for extended periods of time.
• Must have own basic mechanics toolbox and hand tools
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Computer knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identity Card
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: Night Shift 1730 - 0400
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us. That’s why we have created special training programs for our employees to achieve their career goals.
At North Cariboo Air, we closely monitor wages across the different industries and perform regular reviews to ensure our salaries remain competitive to attract and retain the best of the best. Typical benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment
o Short Term & Long Term Disability
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
o RRSP program available from first day of employment
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.