Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Operations Control Centre
Location: Calgary (YYC)
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Schedule: Determined by Operational Requirement, OT may be required
Posting Expires: October 23, 2020
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YYC Flight Follower” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Flight Follower works in a collaborative environment and reports directly to the Manager, Operations Control.
• Maintain active flight watch of company aircraft
• Communicate operational information to flight crew, company personnel, contract dispatch office and clients
• Accurately log daily flight activity
• Responsibility to initiate emergency response procedures from the company emergency response plan, as required
• Complete customs and immigration paperwork for US bound flights, as required
• Strategically arrange all aspects of aircraft utilization which include, but is not limited to, FBO notification requirements, fuel arrangements, etc.
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
• High School Diploma
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Flight Operations department
• Ability to hold a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card
• Proficient knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations
• Excellent ability to multi-task and communicate professionally with all functional divisions within the company.
• Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Computer experience and proficiency required
• Experience in aviation an asset
• Previous Flight Follower experience an asset
Desired Attributes & Assets
The ideal candidate will excel at effectively communicating and multi-tasking in a high stress, fast paced environment. The individual may be required to make many rapid decisions that affect operational effectiveness. A Flight Follower will practice professional etiquette in every avenue of communication.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• On-Site Parking
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.