|Orca Airways Ltd. – PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTENANCE
Orca Airways is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the management team. We are looking for a team member who is motivated by the values of Growth Respect Engagement Accountability Trust (GREAT). It is a challenging position within a growing company and we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious team member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) is responsible to the President for all of the activities carried out as a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization. He will ensure that these activities are accomplished in accordance with the policies and procedures defined in this manual. His management duties can be delegated to another qualified individual for any period, up to 30 days at a time, but the responsibilities of the aircraft maintenance control system remain with the PRM. The PRM’s responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the maintenance, repair, modification, overhaul and alteration of
aircraft and aeronautical products;
• Act as liaison between the Organization and Transport Canada regarding maintenance and related subjects;
• Providing the organization with direction and policy respecting aircraft maintenance, parts, materials, and support equipment;
• Formulating and approving policies and procedures that will ensure proper
management and efficient operation within the maintenance department;
• Responsible for the control, distribution and preservation of records relating to the maintenance functions carried out by the organization;
• Assigning production tasks, identifying problem areas and ensuring the completion of the maintenance performed;
• Ensuring that maintenance personnel are competent regarding maintenance methods to be employed in the performance of work;
• Ensuring that inspection and maintenance packages are complete with respect to the work contracted to the organization;
• Ensuring that the work performed and certifications have been entered in the aircraft maintenance record prior to the aircraft’s return to service;
• Monitoring aircraft inspections, repair and modification processes including quality of shop and/or work performed by external agencies;
• Ensuring that organization personnel comply with the procedures contained in this MPM;
• Ensuring that sufficient parts, materials, special tools, and equipment are available to accomplish the maintenance tasks;
• Ensuring that current technical publications are available to, and used by maintenance personnel performing work on aircraft and components;
• Ensuring the condition and cleanliness of the work place and equipment is maintained;
• Ensuring that Service Difficulty Reports are submitted by the Quality Assurance Manager to Transport Canada within the required time constraints and that a filing and follow-up program is established;
• Ensuring this manual, documents incorporated by reference and technical reference publications are up to date and amended in a timely manner;
• Ensuring quality of aircraft maintenance workmanship by compliance with the manufacturers recommendations and/or industry standards;
• Ensuring that corrective action is carried out to rectify any deficiencies as identified by pilot and authorized maintenance personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be able to qualify as PRM, as required by CAR 706.03 and CAR 573.03, including a minimum of six years’ experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities of the type undertaken by the organization, at least six months of which have been obtained within the preceding two years.
• Hold a valid Transport Canada AME M1 licence on at least one type of Company operated aircraft. M2 licence will be an asset
• Previous Quality Assurance or PRM experience will be considered and asset.
• Previous experience in the performance of maintenance or maintenance planning on Orca Airways fleet types (B99, KA100, KA200, PA31-350, Lear 35A) will be considered an asset.
• Management skills including selecting, training and counselling team members, evaluating performance, team building and administration and operational planning.
• Computer literate with a strong command of Word and Excel. Experience with AMS, Inventory Manager and Ascent will be considered an asset.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Experience with employee performance management and succession planning.
• Experience with OHS and safety program development will be considered an asset.
Email Resumes to Employment@flyorcaair.com