|Position: WestJet Encore Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice
Company Name: WestJet Encore
Province/Territory or State: Alberta
Web Address: http://www.westjet.com
Send Resume & Cover Letter Via: https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... bBhsljY%3d
Aircraft Types: Q400
Encore Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice - Calgary
The Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice will work under the supervision of the Aircraft Maintenance Leads and Engineers to safely and efficiently maintain WestJet Encore’s fleet of aircraft.
• Perform all work assigned in accordance with the instruction and procedures described in Maintenance Manuals and WestJet task cards.
• Report any defect that is noted in the course of performing maintenance.
• Care and custody of tooling and publications associated with the maintenance function.
• Carry out avionics and furnishings related duties as assigned by the AML’s or AME’s.
• Responsible for accurately accounting for all maintenance tasks completed by updating logbook.
• Ensure work area is kept clean.
• Occasional travel to other bases required.
• Complete WestJet Apprentice training exercises in a timely manner – 1 a month over an 18 month period.
• Completion of a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance course.
• Must display adequate knowledge and understanding to the Maintenance managers for the responsibilities associated with the position.
• Must hold a Transport Canada Radio Certificate within 6 months from accepting the position.
• Must be able to obtain airside security clearance with driving authority within 6 months from accepting the position.
• Part-time experience in a related field an asset.
• Ability to work shift work and overtime.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, climb, kneel, and crawl frequently in tight spaces.
• Must be eligible to obtain an Airport Restricted Area(RAIC)Pass issued by Transport Canada and AVOP (requires current valid driver’s license)
• An ability to meet all conditions of employment:
o Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
o Ability to obtain an AVOP
o Post offer employment test to test physical ability and fit for position
o A criminal background check
o As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
Desired personal skills:
• A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others
• The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures
• A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
• The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
• A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety oriented atmosphere
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Closing Date: August 24, 2017