|Position: Maintenance Ops Fleet Planner
Company Name: WestJet Encore
Province/Territory or State: Alberta
Web Address: http://www.westjet.com
Send Resume & Cover Letter Via: https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... Fv7Z6VU%3d
Aircraft Types: Q400
Encore Maintenance Operational Fleet Planner (MOFP) within the MOC
Maintenance Operation Fleet Planners review Fleet Maintenance tasks forecast and create work packages for all WestJet Encore maintenance bases and Maintenance Repair Organizations (MROs). Communicate with Maintenance Control (MCC) bases and MROs to ensure planned maintenance can be accomplished based on resources, material, and aircraft downtime. Review all Ads and SBs and research parts, effectivity, and associated costs.
· Ensure technical dispatch of Company aircraft prior to commencing daily operations.
· Forecast, plan and schedule maintenance events for overall fleet plan using WestJet Encore CMTS program. This includes:
o Line operations planning
o Long term planning
· Heavy maintenance planning
· Coordinate maintenance events with internal stakeholders and external service providers. This includes coordinating work packages and reviewing work scope with the maintenance department and external service providers
· Accountable for the identification, evaluation, priority and planning of long term defects which have the potential to impact operational aircraft.
· Responsible to ensure that troubleshooting, planned action, scheduling of aircraft, research and requisitioning of parts/manpower are completed for the rectification of long term defects.
· Develop and distribute technical instructions, work packages, and work scopes.
· Ensuring manpower, inventory spares tooling and Hangar availability.
· Ensure accomplishment of technical work in compliance with MSA (maintenance program).
· Provides assistance to other WestJet Encore and Westjet personnel regarding planning and scheduling as required.
· Support Maintenance Programs and Reliability departments
· Reviewing Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, IS mod sums and Repair Drawings. Researching/obtaining required parts and verifying effectivity/applicability.
· Requisition of material as specified by Maintenance, Programs, Reliability or Purchasing groups
· Authorized to request and approve purchase orders for goods and services as per WestJet purchasing policy.
· Complete a maintenance release as defined in MCM
· Responsible to assume the role of a missing team member as operationally required. This includes assisting and filling in for Maintenance Control Coordinators (MCC).
· Cross-reference Air-vision with actual MCP routes to ensure schedule efficiencies
· Displays knowledge regarding manpower planning.
· Monitor spare aircraft utilization
· Primary point of contact for the operational duty managers for aircraft swaps
· Communicate Movement Control Plot routing builds with Operational Fleet Coordinators
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
· Complete all duties with the highest level of safety and report and condition or process which may adversely affect safety.
· Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the Manager of MCC/Programs
· Hold a valid M2 or E Transport Canada AME license.
· Must hold a valid WestJet Encore Certification Authority (ACA) for one (1) or more types of transport category aircraft operated by the Company.
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft.
· Must hold a valid Radio License Industry Canada Radio (aeronautical) Certificate
· Must be familiar with TRAX / Sabre suite / excel / one note
· Has good knowledge of the Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requirements.
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities
Closing Date: August 27, 2017