|Position: Flight Dispatcher Positions
Company Name: Voyageur Airways Limited
Contact Person: Human Resources Department
Street Address: 1500 Airport Road
City: North Bay
Province/Territory or State: Ontario
Web address: http://www.voyav.com
Phone number: (705) 476-1750
Apply via: Company Website
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals to fill Flight Dispatcher positions at our head office located in North Bay, Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating operational flight plans, coordinating with ATC, Pilots, Flight Attendants and Maintenance. Dispatchers are scheduled for 12 hour shifts and cover 24/7 flight operations.
Dispatch responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that all flight operations are conducted in accordance with the applicable sections of the Flight Operations Manual, Transport Canada regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Supervising and training Flight Followers.
• Initiating emergency response procedures as outlined in company manuals.
• Coordinating, as necessary, the resolution of maintenance problems which may limit or impact flight operation capabilities.
• Advising pertinent personnel of any operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment serviceability, and ground support concerns.
• Upholding a professional standard in the workplace and maintaining strong Crew Resource Management conduct.
• Customer service commitment.
• Actively participating in the company's Safety Management System including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations, and understanding, complying with, and promoting the company's safety culture.
• Must meet the requirements of Canadian Aviation Regulations CAR 705.110 and complete the required Transport Canada Flight Dispatcher exams.
• Air Operator Radio Licence.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to work independently in fast paced environment.
• Enthusiastic & self motivated.
• All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel internationally unrestricted. In addition, all candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
Individuals that currently do not meet the Dispatch Qualifications may qualify for employment by completing Voyageur’s Flight Follower Accredited Program.
Check Voyageur's website for further information.