|Job Title: Chief Pilot 703/704
Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Flight Operations
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Direct Report: VP, Operations & Charters
Posting Expires: September 22, 2017
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YYC – Chief Pilot 703/704” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Chief Pilot manages the overall supervision of all flight operations in the Company. The Chief Pilot is responsible for implementing the appropriate controls to assure that both Transport Canada and Company Regulations are adhered to at all times.
Role and Responsibilities?
• Develop standard operation procedures; ensuring all flight personnel are knowledgeable of and follow such procedures
• Maintain the contents of the Company Operations Manual
• Liaison with the regulatory authority on all matters concerning flight operations; including any variations to the company’s Air Operator Certificate
• Ensure all flight crew comply with flight and duty time regulations and are knowledgeable of any changes to the regulations and standards
• Facilitate the communication of aircraft safety, internally and externally, in conjunction with the flight safety program
• Actively maintain and ensure qualifications of flight crew
• Develop and implement all required approved training programs for the air operator flight crews
• Issue directives and notices to the flight crews as required
• Action and distribute accident, incident, and other occurrence reports
• Strong knowledge of the CARS.
• Coach, mentor, counsel and train employees to enhance performance and provide support to flight crew
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• All other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Operations and Charters
Experience & Qualifications
• Post-secondary education or equivalent aviation experience and education
• 3 years aircraft experience as pilot-in-command of a commuter aircraft type
• Valid Airline Transport Pilot License
• Ability to hold a valid instrument rating appropriate for the group of aircraft and a type rating for at least one of the types of aircraft operated
• Demonstrate knowledge to the Minister and/or the company with respect to the content of the Company Operations Manual, Training Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Company Check Pilot Manual (if applicable), and the provisions of the Regulations and Standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position
• Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with all functional divisions within the company
• Excellent verbal and written language skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Ability to hold a Transport Canada airside security pass
• Must have excellent management, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to hold valid passport permitting travel on company business
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge, experience and strength of character to balance the conflicting demands in the role of Chief Pilot 703/704. The Chief Pilot 703/704 must have operational expertise, technical skills, leadership ability as well as sound business acumen to be effective in the organization. This individual must be attentive and available to all personnel in the Operations Department. This role requires an effective leader who will personally uphold all company and Transport Canada Standards and Regulations.
Location: Calgary, AB
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hour work week
Schedule: Monday – Friday; Weekends and On-Call duties as required
Travel: As required
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us. That’s why we have created special training programs for our employees to achieve their career goals.
Typical benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment
o Short Term & Long Term Disability
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
o On-site Parking
o Per Diems, away from base
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.