Company Name: WestJet Encore
Province/Territory or State: ON
Web Address: www.westjet.com
Send Resume & Cover Letter Via: https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... bM%2bYE%3d
Aircraft Types: Q400
Controller - Component Repair
The Rotable Component Controller position is responsible for the exchange and repair control of parts, material and tooling used for aircraft maintenance.
· Provides technical and commercial oversight for outsourced component repairs on scope, schedule, and price.
· Assist the Warranty Lead as required.
· Process Repair and Exchange orders in accordance to company procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring outsourced component repairs are accomplished in accordance with Company Maintenance Schedule Approval Program (MSA).
· Responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of appropriate level of technical repair scope.
· Responsible for ensuring that component repairs are accomplished through approved vendor network.
· Liaise with part pool service provider on component requirements and core returns.
· Responsible for prioritizing component repair expediting to meet contractual delivery terms or expected repair turn time.
· Responsible for approving repair quotes for accomplishment in accordance with contractual pricing and commercial terms.
· Support current business conditions; maintain appropriate internal controls to ensure Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and Canadian Sarbanes-Oxley Act (C-Sox) compliance as it relates to Materials Management.
· Responsible to follow up with vendor on any paperwork or documentation discrepancies for component repairs or exchanges processed through Rotable Control.
· Liaise with vendor on any changes to the expected delivery date and monitor for overdue Repair or Exchange orders requiring follow up.
· Complete vendor performance evaluations as required.
· Ensure when working with static sensitive equipment and parts that the company Electrostatic Sensitive Device Program (ESD) process is followed.
· Complete all duties with the highest level of safety and report any condition or process which may adversely affect safety.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires completion of aviation maintenance technical diploma or equivalent.
· Requires minimum of 3 years of experience in airline technical role.
· Good working knowledge of aircraft materials handling, storage and shipping procedures.
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
· Requires demonstrated functional competency in administering component repair programs.
· Requires computer competency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Must be able to obtain Airport Restricted Area access clearance.
· Minimum three (3) years previous stores experience or equivalent.
· Previous TRAX experience an asset.
· Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations (CARs).
· Knowledge of Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Service Letters an asset.
Closing Date: 11/21/2017