Ornge Global Air is seeking direct entry PC12 Captains for our Northern Ontario bases. In Northern Ontario, Ornge Global Air has bases in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout and Timmins.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: PC12 CAPTAINS
POSITION STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
LOCATION: THUNDER BAY, SIOUX LOOKOUT AND TIMMINS
REPORTING TO: CHIEF PILOT
COMPENSATION: AS PER COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Fixed Wing Pilots at Ornge are responsible for all aspects of aircraft operation of the Pilatus PC12 aircraft as well as the safety of the crew and all persons on board the aircraft. Fixed Wing Pilots must be able to fly in varying conditions, handle pressure well and be flexible and adaptable. Ornge aircraft are province wide resources and aviation personnel may be required to provide flight support at bases other than the home base where demand arises. All Ornge pilots are required to complete the company’s training program and have successfully passed a PPC/IFT check conducted by a Transport Canada Inspector or Approved Check Pilot. They are responsible for following all applicable policies and procedures and carrying out duties as assigned.
• Valid ATPL
• 2000 hours total time
• 500 hours pilot in command
• Current IFR (minimum Category 3)
• Valid Class 1 Medical
• A PC12 Type Rating and EMS experience is desirable
• Valid Canadian passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the U.S.A.
• A criminal record search is a requirement for this position
• Immunization records with required vaccinations is a requirement for this position
HOURS AND LOCATION OF WORK:
• Pilots are required to work various shifts and overtime, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays.
• During the course of their shift duties, pilots will be required to overnight away from their home base.
• Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate to within close proximity of the assigned base location, and reside or have a location that permits compliance with the CARs rest requirements between shifts, and allows for arrival at their assigned base within 1.0 hour of callout when on an on-call shift.
• Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment. They shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Officer will contact you within 48 hours.