- Rank 5
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Planning, the Operations Control Manager is a functional leadership position responsible for providing mentorship, direction, support and training to all licensed/unlicensed Dispatchers and Crew Schedulers within the Vancouver Operations Centre. The Operations Control Manager simultaneously facilitates and oversees Pacific Coastal day-of operations and future planning, providing operational analysis, IROP contingency planning/execution, and coordination/communication amongst Pacific Coastal's teams and external stakeholders on operational matters
The Operations Control Manager is responsible for all Vancouver-based Operations Centre members and provides departmental guidance to:
- Ensure all flight operations are dispatched in accordance with safety, operational and commercial standards prescribed by Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Establish and maintain a consistent level of Dispatcher competency and to identify corrective actions and recurrent training whenever warranted
- Coordinate with other Pacific Coastal teams regarding operational matters, ensuring the integrity of day-of operations and future operations are maintained
- Provide macro-level operational analysis, mitigating operational conflicts, inefficiencies, or other matters which may affect operations and facilitating in the planning and execution of solutions
- Conduct and facilitate Daily Operations Reports and Daily Operations briefings Develop and maintain a Dispatch Operations Manual with the goal to improve the department's overall safety, increase operational effectiveness and reduce operational costs
- Other duties as assigned
- High school Graduation is required
- Dispatch License is required
- 2-5 years Dispatch experience within a Type A Dispatch environment, preferably with a Canadian national (tier 1) or regional (tier 2) air carrier
- Previous leadership/management experience[/list]
WHY PACIFIC COASTAL AIRLINES?
Company Culture: We honour our company motto of People Friendly, People First for both our employees and our passengers. We encourage a positive, caring workplace and put a high value on collaboration, accountability, and loyalty. We are inclusive, respectful, and have a friendly corporate culture.
Compensation: We recognize and value industry experience by offering competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience as well as a company-match Group RRSP to assist with retirement planning.
Health Benefits: We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, BC MSP, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program, paid sick days, and paid personal emergency days.
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their families, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on many other airlines across the world. Additionally, employees are eligible for corporate discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal Airlines network.
Employee Programs: We have employee recognition and reward programs, a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events throughout the year, and an online learning and development program.
Interested applicants please complete your job application by clicking on https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.