A Flight Dispatcher, qualified as per CAR section 705.110, is assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over Sunwing Airlines flights in conjunction with the pilot-in-command. This role will report to the Chief Dispatcher and work out of Toronto.
- Authorizing the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the OFP
- Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit or restrict operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather conditions, ATC and aircraft performance
- Exercising Operational Control on a co-authority basis with the PIC and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight
- Performing operational flight watch and determining when changes to the OFP are required or when meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a -
prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the operating Flight Crew as required
- Analyzing operational and meteorological conditions to evaluate and determine the most efficient and safe minimum fuel requirement
- Providing the PIC with a thorough and professional Flight Crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight
- Obtaining, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide Flight Crews with the latest operational information
- Monitoring meteorological conditions, current and forecast along the routes and at the airports (including alternates) where flight operations are scheduled
- Keeping abreast of changing conditions and notifying Flight Crews via the most expeditious means of any conditions that may affect the safety of the flight
- Must have passed both of the Transport Canada generic examinations, Meteorology and Operations
- Must hold a Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate
- Must be able to work shift work
- Work experience in an Airline Operations Center is an asset
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Will be required to work 12 hour 4 on 4 off day and night shifts, evenings and weekends in the Operations Centre.
- Willing to work in a fast paced, detail orientated environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application to https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/SUN5000/J ... 7b29dedf5d by November 23, 2017. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Sunwing may provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.