Division: Provincial Services Division, Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
City: Dryden, Garson, Timmins
Job Term: Permanent
Job Code: 17267g - Pilot 4 (G6 Salary Note)
Salary: $1,403.25 - $1,706.85 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 113847
Are you a self-motivated and highly client-service oriented skilled fixed wing pilot looking for a diverse and rewarding career opportunity? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with Aviation Services.
PLEASE NOTE: The total number of positions to be filled and locations have not been identified at this time. The results of this competition will be used to create an eligibility list for any upcoming Twin Otter vacancies that may be available in Timmins, Dryden and Garson during the next 18 months.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The benefits of this career include excellent compensation while working scheduled weekly rotations from both a home base location and remote operating facilities in northern Ontario.
• perform Pilot-in-Command flight and related duties on small multi-engine fixed wing aircraft operating under visual and instrument flight rules
• assist clients in planning their flight requirements
• ensure the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft during all phases of flight
• be required to travel away from base, sometimes for extended periods
• be required to work overtime and to work in adverse conditions
To learn more about working for the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, explore our website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca
How do I qualify?
• valid Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence endorsed for single and multi-engine land and sea fixed-wing aircraft
• Group 1 Instrument Rating
• valid Category 1 Medical
• valid restricted radio telephone operators certificate
• ability to pass Canadian and U.S. Transport Agency Security Screening
• possession of a valid Passport or ability to acquire
• minimum flight experience 3000 hours total flying time with 500 hours float experience as Pilot-in-Command
• ability to travel out of province
• You have extensive knowledge of float, waterbombing and instrument flight rules (IFR) transport flight operations.
• You have the ability to apply and interpret the Aeronautics Act, Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR's) and the Commercial Air Service Standard.
• You have knowledge of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
• You have the ability to understand ministry air operations to safely operate aircraft according to regulations.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply worker responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with Nav-Canada, flight services, fire and air service staff, and a wide variety of client groups.
• You have proven group leadership skills.
• You have good judgment in order to apply sound pilot decision-making.
Address: Permanent, Rr 2 Timmins Airport, Timmins, North Region or 149 Ghost Lake Rd, Dryden, North Region or 6150 Skyline Drive, Garson, North Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule:6
Category: Maintenance and Trades
Posted on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
The number of positions to be filled has not been identified at this time. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming opportunities within the next eighteen months following the closing date of the job ad posting.
How to apply:
Apply By: Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:59 pm EST
1.You must apply online at www.ontario.ca/careers
2.Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3.Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4.Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5.OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6.If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.