Applicants must be aware of the following before applying:
- Full time position, Flexible shifts when required.
Reporting to the President in Thunder Bay, the Base Manager is located in Timmins, Ontario. The position is responsible for promoting a safe, efficient and positive work environment. This individual must be able to work independently, have strong leadership skills and be able to handle varied situations in a fast paced environment and work a flexible when required. Critical thinking is essential to handle this multi-faceted position.
• Ensure the efficient operation of all aspects of flight operations, including medevac, passenger service, cargo and charters. Provide guidance to pilots regarding weather issues.
• Manage on-time performance of all pilots and medics in order to achieve high performance. Analyze operational needs to search for opportunities to create efficiencies.
• Manage relationships with airline partners and the airport authority to ensure everyone’s needs are being met.
• Working with the President & Operations Manager, ensure compliance to company policies & procedures and Canadian regulations at all remote bases.
• Oversee the efficient organization of cargo within the hangar. Supervise the use of company property in accordance with Company policy.
• Responsible for the preparation and management of the Base Operational budget. Ensure financial reporting of the daily sales reports and cash reconciliations is completed accurately and on time.
• Foster the SMS Program and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring that all staff follows the rules and regulations.
• Coordinate with Human Resources for all open job postings. Organize orientation and training of new employees and on-going training for existing personnel and ensure training standards are maintained.
• Supervise all Ground Support staff, Coastal Agents and base office staff. Ensure payroll is completed, approved and submitted on a timely basis.
• Create specified employee monthly work schedules for all assigned bases.
• Other duties, as required.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Friendly, service oriented attitude.
• Highly motivated individual that is analytical and detail oriented with a focus on customer service.
• Basic understanding of an operating Reservation system is an asset.
• Must be able to work under pressure with stressful daily operational demands.
Education and Experience:
• Grade 12 high school diploma OR combination of experience, education and training.
• Minimum 2 years aviation background, with aviation flight planning a must.
• Minimum 2 years Management/Leadership experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Thunder Airlines Ltd. offers competitive wages and excellent benefit package, Thank you to all that apply. Only the applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Or you can drop them off in person at our Human Resources Office in Thunder Bay.
310 Hector Dougall Way,
Thunder Bay, ON