- Rank 6
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Director, Maintenance is a senior-level department leader responsible for overseeing the operations and functions of the Pacific Coastal Airlines maintenance department. This includes strategic leadership and operational control of a diverse group of 60+ maintenance team members including: Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and Apprentices, Quality Assurance, Stores personnel, Aircraft Groomers and Technical Records Administrators. In addition, as the Person Responsible for Maintenance, the Director, Maintenance has oversight of the Safety department in conjunction with the Director of Flight Operations.
Performance in this role will be measured against the achievement of annual departmental goals and objectives based on the following key deliverables:
The ideal candidate has six or more years of previous experience as a Director of Maintenance, Quality Assurance Manager or Production Manager in an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO), preferably with a larger regional airline. Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills are required for success in this role. We are seeking a highly professional and driven individual who will lead the department to operational excellence through continuous improvement as well as the evaluation and implementation of new procedures, processes and technology.
- Maintain operational control and coordination over all Pacific Coastal Airlines' aircraft maintenance operations. This includes ensuring that all aircraft are operated in a safe manner as mandated by the Canadian Aviation Regulations and according to Company standards set out in the Company's Maintenance Control Manual and Safety Management System.
- Provide strategic leadership, training oversight and performance management of all Maintenance team members in support of corporate values and annual performance objectives.
- Ensure all maintenance work is conducted in a structured, organized, efficient, and economical fashion, without sacrificing public safety or the Company's quality standards.
- Establish and uphold safety and operational standards as well as to ensure that all practices meet or exceed regulatory requirements;
- Foster and maintain a departmental culture that is respectful, supportive and engaging consistent with the Company's vision and values;
- Employ industry best practices in order to maximize efficiency and to uphold and advance the Company's competitive position with respect to aircraft maintenance.
- Support, coach and nurture a competent and well-trained maintenance leadership team.
- Forecast and prepare annual operating budget in conjunction with the Executive team.
- Approve and control operational expenses relating to the maintenance of aircraft.
- Champion a culture of operational and safety excellence.
Education & Experience
Holds or has held a Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's License
A minimum of 6 years' of related supervisory and management experience with a commercial air operator.
Post-secondary education in business or management is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Meet Transport Canada requirements of "Person Responsible for Maintenance" (PRM)
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation such as CARs, Canada Labour Code, etc. as well as how regulatory bodies operate and interrelate
- Proven supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Planning, forecasting, goal setting, budgeting and financial analysis skills
- Ability to support, coach, mentor, develop, and inspire others
- Effective and efficient decision making
- Awareness of industry best practice as well as business-related trends, advances and improvements
- Intermediate technical skills in Microsoft Office
WHY PACIFIC COASTAL AIRLINES?
Company Culture: We honour our company motto of People Friendly, People First for both our employees and our passengers. We encourage a positive, caring workplace and put a high value on collaboration, accountability, and loyalty. We are inclusive, respectful, and have a friendly corporate culture.
Compensation: We recognize and value industry experience by offering competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience as well as a company-match Group RRSP to assist with retirement planning.
Health Benefits: We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, BC MSP, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program, paid sick days, and paid personal emergency days.
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their families, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on many other airlines across the world. Additionally, employees are eligible for corporate discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal Airlines network.
Employee Programs: We have employee recognition and reward programs, a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events throughout the year, and an online learning and development program.
Interested applicants please complete your job application by clicking on https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.