Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Contractor
Location: Vancouver International Airport
Remuneration: $7,800-8,300 Monthly, based on Experience
Direct Report: Director, Maintenance
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please List “YVR – Aircraft Maintenance Engineer” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is responsible for inspection and certifying an airplane of airworthiness standards, as well as, being accountable for North Cariboo Air’s Vancouver base. The suitable candidate for this position must have experience working independently.
Role and Responsibilities?
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s perform some or all of the following duties:
· Carry out duties as per MCM and SMP but not only limited to those duties.
· Responsible for checking the computer due list daily, for Inspections and due items, if delegated by the base/sub-base supervisor.
· Responsible for ensuring that the ALERT CARDS are up-to-date in the Journey log book, if delegated by the base/sub-base engineer.
· Responsible for ensuring that the ALERT CARDS for the Dash 8 operation are sent to Canadian North after every change to the card, if delegated by the base/sub-base engineer.
· Responsible for checking the 12 month condensed due list monthly for major tasks coming due, if delegated by the base/sub-base engineer.
· Responsible for preparing the work orders for all due items and that qualified personnel are assigned to the tasks, if delegated by the base/sub-base engineer.
· Responsible for ensuring that the work order has been completed correctly, signed out with the Engineer’s ACA stamp and/or signature, license number and date in the release section of the Task Card.
· Responsible for ensuring that if a Service Difficulty report is required that it was checked off with a Check Mark in the YES box and signed out.
· Check for Recurring Defects, if delegated by the base/sub-base engineer.
· Responsible for authorizing overtime or the use of Contract Labour as per SMP 3.12.
· Accountable for overall facility maintenance
· Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual.
· Other duties as assigned
· Valid AME license, M2-License required.
· Experience with DH8-300 required
· Experience with other aircraft in our current fleet an asset, but not required
· Excellent leadership qualities.
· Excellent verbal and written language skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
· Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to hold a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card (if applicable)
Hazardous Substances Associated With Job as Defined by WHMIS
· May come in contact with Dangerous goods as per Transport Canada Regulations.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our 125+ employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits for this position include:
o Contractor paid WCB premiums
o Free On-Site Parking
o Flexible Work Schedule
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.