Company Name: WestJet
Province/Territory or State: Ontario
Web Address: www.westjet.com
Send Resume & Cover Letter Via: https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... wiC5wRg%3d
Aircraft Types: 737 NG, 737 MAX, 767, 787 (coming soon)
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Toronto
About the Technical Operations team:
The Technical Operations team at WestJet is peopled with the best technical and maintenance personnel in the airline industry. Ambitious, hard-working and serious about their jobs, the people of Technical Operations have an eye for detail and safety, and for keeping their jobs fun and exciting. We have the skills and the integrity to ensure that all of our guests fly in safety and comfort anywhere in WestJet's world.
WestJet is currently searching for a capable and talented individual for the role of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer at our Toronto facility. WestJet AME’s are responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance on our fleet of aircraft.
Desired personal skills:
· A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others
· Strong troubleshooting and time management skills
· The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures
· A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
· The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety oriented atmosphere
· Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (M2 rating) required
· Proven technical aptitude with a minimum 2 years experience (Boeing 737, Boeing 767 or equivalent type of aircraft) required.
· Endorsement on large Transport aircraft required – 737NG and / or 767 is preferred.
· Broad range of experience including electrical, navigation, and flight controls is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, climb, kneel, and crawl frequently in tight spaces
· Must be medically fit to wear all safety equipment including (but not limited to) respirator apparatus
· Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
· Flexibility to work shift work and overtime.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· An ability to meet all conditions of employment:
o Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
o Ability to obtain an AVOP
o Post offer employment test to test physical ability and fit for position
o A criminal background check
o As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
Closing Date: 2/5/2018