Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. Is seeking a full time Safety Systems Manager located in Western Canada to complete final implementation and lead the companies planned growth. The position may move to Eastern Canada or as a minimum require regular travel to company locations. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in 705 SMS environment and have excelled during Inspections.
Reporting to the Accountable Executive and under delegation by the Operations Manager, the Manager Safety is responsible for the advocacy and development of all corporate safety systems, programs, policies, and plans. These include the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS), Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), Risk Management Plan, Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan, and Safety Awareness Plan.
The ideal candidate has experience in a Safety Management role or an OH&S, AOSH role, preferably within the aviation industry and specifically within an airline environment. Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills are required for success in this role. We are seeking a highly professional and driven individual who will lead the department through continuous improvement as well as the evaluation and implementation of new procedures, processes, and technology.
• Develop and implement the SMS Manual and SMS Training Program.
• Manage the Company’s approved Safety Management System (SMS) as delegated by the Operations Manager, who ultimately have regulatory control under the CARs. Duties include ensuring that the SMS remains compliant with all relevant external standards and regulations as well as ensuring that all leaders and employees are fully trained, oriented and compliant with the system.
• Manage the Company’s OH&S and AOSH programs according to the standards outlines in the Canada Labour Code Part II. Duties include training and awareness to the standards, auditing compliance, as well as establishing policy.
• Provide strategic leadership, training, oversight and performance management to a diverse team of Quality Assurance and Safety Officers from various departments.
• Liaise with Transport Canada, Labour Canada and Employment and Social Development Canada on all matters pertaining to regulatory compliance.
• Establish and uphold safety and security standards and ensure that all practices meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
• Foster and maintain a safety culture that is respectful, supportive and engaging consistent with the Company’s Vision and Values;
• Develop and achieve or exceed key departmental performance targets and metrics.
• Employ industry best practices to maximize awareness and safety effectiveness and to uphold and advance the Company’s competitive position with respect to aviation workplace safety and security.
Education & Experience
• Post-secondary education in business, aviation or safety studies is preferred.
• Safety Management Systems Training an asset;
• IOSA Internal and/or Lead Auditor Qualification an asset
• Human Factors & Root Cause Analysis training an asset;
• Aviation Risk Management training an asset
• Occupational Health & Safety certificate, or equivalent, is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation such as CARs 705, CASS, Canada Labour Code, etc. as well as how regulatory bodies operate and interrelate
• Proven leadership, management, and supervisory skills
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Planning, forecasting, goal setting, budgeting and financial analysis skills
• Ability to support, coach, mentor, develop, and inspire others
• Intermediate technical skills in Microsoft Office
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
If an interesting and challenging opportunity is in your future career growth, Jetlines will provide the opportunity for the right candidate.
We ask that you submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan. 24, 2018