Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Flight Operations
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Direct Report: Chief Pilot 703/704
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please List “YYC – 1900 Captain/u]” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Captain, BE 1900 is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft and for the safety of all persons onboard during flight time. For this purpose, he/she will have final authority for the disposition of the aircraft during the time in which he/she is in command. Delegation of duties to first officer, in accordance with company policies and procedures, shall in no way affect his/her ultimate responsibility for the safe conduct of the flight.
Role and Responsibilities?
• Complete all pre-flight duties including fuel requirements, weather, aircraft weight and balance, pre-flight inspection, flight plan/itinerary and securing of cargo/freight
• Brief passengers in accordance with the requirements outlined in Section 3 of the COM
• Complete all post flight duties, including notification/confirmation to company of the whereabouts of the aircraft when away from the base, recording flight times and any defects, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring that the required IFR/VFR charts, maps, etc., are on the aircraft as required for the flight
• Responsible for using the checklists provided in the aircraft
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• All other duties assigned
Experience & Qualifications
• Must hold a valid a Commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot Licence
• 2,000 hours Total Time
• 750 hours PIC
• 750 hours Multi Engine
• 500 hours Multi Engine PIC
• 250 hours Turbine
• 750 hours Multi Engine
• Preference will be given to candidates with time on type
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent aviation experience
• Able to meet medical standards
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Possess a valid Canadian passport
• Eligible candidates must be Canadian citizens (or have landed immigrant status) possessing a valid driver's license
• Able to obtain Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us. That’s why we have created special training programs for our employees to achieve their career goals.
Typical benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment
o Short Term & Long Term Disability
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
o On-site Parking
o Per Diems, away from base
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.