We are currently seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Manager for our office in Kelowna, BC.
As delegated by the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and the Director of Flight Operations (DFO), the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) is responsible for the ongoing development and management of the Maintenance Evaluation and Audit Programs and the Flight Operations Quality Assurance Program.
The QAM is appointed by the Vice President of Operations and reports to Director of Maintenance (DOM) for maintenance operations and the Director of Flight Operations (DFO) for flight operations.
The incumbent will work at the head office in Kelowna, BC in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The incumbent will be required to travel on occasion to meet operational needs. The position will require prolonged periods of sitting, and using office equipment and computers. Long periods of intense concentration may be required. Position may require moving from a sitting to standing position, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, and lifting 5 to 20 lbs.
• Manage, develop, implement and conduct flight operations, maintenance operations and SMS audits and audit calendars/schedules;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the flight operations, maintenance, and SMS audit programs, and modify as appropriate;
• Manage Quality Assurance personnel and external QA contractors;
• Liaise with Transport Canada, Government Regulators and external client/customer representatives on QA matters;
• Review amendments to company documents as required;
• Provide interpretation on regulations, assessment of whether and how they apply to current processes and the degree to which internal operations are compliant with those regulations;
• Make recommendations for corrective action where required;
• Maintain Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) training and qualification records;
• Review Airworthiness Directives in support of the Records & Planning department;
• Special Projects: Conducting analysis of current operational programs, investigating problem areas, determining courses of action for improvement, coordinating and implementing various programs as identified by senior management in support of company operations;
• Review, Analyze and Advise: In coordination with the SMS Manager, review and analyze the company’s SMS program, identifying issues, trends and recommended actions; prepare and present briefing material to senior management and executive; and
• Such other duties as assigned by the company from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Post-secondary diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Possess certification in quality assurance (i.e. DTI, ISO, ASQ) or equivalent quality assurance experience;
• Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance, and SMS;
• Previous experience in an aviation operational and/or aviation regulatory role;
• Demonstrated ability in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and demonstrated ability to learn and implement new programs and software;
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance with federal aviation authorities and other relevant regulatory agencies;
• Clear criminal record check;
• Must have thorough knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards (CARS);
• Ability to work in a high-stress, ever-changing work environment while managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks and assignments;
• Demonstrated high degree of interpersonal skill and ability;
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
• High degree of ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
• Hold or have held a Transport Canada issued Commercial Pilot/ATPL and/or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license(s) is considered an asset; and
• Project management certification or equivalent experience is considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online directly to the posting no later than 23:59 EST on March 18, 2018. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet the requirements of the position. Further information about the Company can be found at www.flairairlines.com. Click the link to apply directly to the posting - https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recrui ... source=CC3
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please.