Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Part time & Full Time positions available
Department: Ground Operations
Location: Calgary (YYC)
Address: 600 Palmer Road NE
Direct Report: Supervisor, Ground Operations
Posting Expires: Position closes once a successful candidate is selected
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “Ramp Attendant” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is responsible for providing quality ramp service.
Role and Responsibilities
• Loading and unloading of baggage and cargo from the aircraft.
• Marshalling and towing of aircraft for departures/arrivals.
• Ability to work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turnaround of aircraft.
• Ensures readiness and replenishment of de-icing equipment is complete during the winter operations.
• Ensures Health and Safety standards and rules are both met and adhered to.
• Deliver high quality service to customers.
• Assist with facility/hangar maintenance.
• Ability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work in all types of weather conditions.
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
• Completion of High School Diploma.
• Ability to hold a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card (if applicable).
• Dangerous Goods handling certificate or other related training an asset.
• Previous Aviation experience required.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and stand for long periods of time.
Desired Attributes & Assets
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• A strong customer service orientation
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment with limited supervision
• Ability to adjust to changing work demands and priorities
• Willingness to learn and contribute ideas to a team
• Strong commitment to safety
• Flexible with work schedule
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Low Time Pilot Program
• AME Apprentice Opportunities
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.