Full Time- Permanent Saskatoon, SK
Established in 1976, the Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) is a First Nation governed post-secondary institution. Recognized under provincial legislation, the Institute has been conferred authority to grant certificates and diplomas. SIIT welcomes over 2000 students into our urban and community programs annually as well as serving over 4800 clients through our eight Career Centres across the province. The Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies is playing a significant role in Saskatchewan’s economic future. You can contribute to that success while building your career.
As an educational assistant in the classroom, Instructor Assistant will be responsible for delivering SIIT programs and curricula with the purpose of promoting student success. Working collaboratively with a team of educational professionals, instructor assistants will demonstrate a strong commitment to create and maintain a creative and positive learning environment at SIIT.
Instructor assistants are required to keep current with developments in their subject area, instructional resources and methods, and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities to suit the individual needs of their students. The incumbent will be required to organize the curriculum to create a learning environment that guides and promotes student success. This includes the following broad areas of accountabilities:
• Assist with the delivery of course related material
• Complete all course-related materials including attendance records and course evaluations
• Maintain program equipment, shop facilities and materials to ensure a safe and organized work environment
• Incorporate current technology advancements within all aspects of instruction and administration
• Use appropriate methods of instruction, modeling, coaching, etc. to facilitate student learning
• Use appropriate methods of evaluating and recording student progress within set time frames
• Seek professional development opportunities to keep current and relevant in applicable teaching areas, educational standards, industry trends, and best practices
• Assist in revising, correcting and transcribing programs/modules into electronic interface
Required Competencies: Flexible & Adaptable; Effective Communication; Relationship Building; Results Oriented; Student Focus; Communication (Instructional); Knowledge & Expertise; Teamwork
Required Qualifications and Experience: Ten years experience in the aviation sector. Adult Education Certification with prior teaching experience would be preferred. For success in this position a genuine commitment to help students learn and succeed is required. Knowledge of First Nations’ culture and organizations is an asset. Have a minimum of six years’ experience in the maintenance of aircraft, with knowledge of maintenance training, development and delivery. Computer Skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Office 365. Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
Location: Saskatoon, SK Date: as soon as possible
Submit resume, cover letter, quote the competition # in your cover letter, and references, by March 19th, 2018 to: https://siit.prevueaps.com/jobs/