Full time position
Primary Objective of the Position:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Dispatch, the chosen candidate will be responsible for operational pre-flight preparation and flight watch within a prescribed geographic area or for assigned flights in accordance with Canadian and foreign government rules & regulations, the Cargojet Flight Operations Manual, and company policies & procedures.
Essential Position Functions:
• The production, review, authorization, issuance & revision of the Operational Flight Plan (OFP) for all flights inclusive of training and test flight operations, in keeping with safety, regulatory, customer service & corporate fiscal requirements.
• Authorizing the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the OFP.
• Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit or restrict operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather conditions, ATC and aircraft performance.
• Exercising operational control on a co-authority basis with the pilot-in-command and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
• Performing operational flight watch and for determining when changes to the OFP are required or when meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the operating flight crew as required.
• Formulating and implementing the revised OFP when conditions warrant, and for communicating the revised plans to the pilot-in-command.
• Initiating emergency response procedures as required.
• Communicating to ATC all OFP requirements.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Post-secondary education in aviation related field
• Completion of Transport Canada Flight Operations & Meteorology exams
• Minimum of 1 year Flight Dispatch experience
Please send resume to email@example.com
Cargojet is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs