Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments") offers a full spectrum of real estate development and tenant management services to aviation focused clients. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design consultation through to the leasing of existing office or hangar/terminal space. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary Head Office location is seeking an Intermediate Estimator to support our growing and diverse operations.
Conduct construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. Interact with architects, clients and Senior Operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other relevant information. Obtain all needed cost information from reliable subcontractors and suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Estimate small to multi-million-dollar commercial construction projects throughout Western Canada.
• Write scope of work for both conceptual and plan/spec estimates and proposals.
• Work with Senior Management, field staff and project support staff as required to maximize client satisfaction and overall project profit margins.
• Consult with clients, sub-contractors, personnel in other departments or construction site personnel to discuss, formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, material and labour estimates.
• Produce timely, accurate conceptual budgets and hard bid estimates from sub solicitation to final proposal submitted to owner.
• Qualify sub-contractor proposals for completeness and accuracy.
• Identify long lead time components and track accordingly.
• Confer with engineers, architects, owners and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements/reports and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project(s).
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Estimating Certificate, Civil Engineer Technologist or other relevant technical background in construction
• A minimum of 5 years of job specific experience working for a general contractor or developer in a commercial environment is required
• Critical Path scheduling (MS Project preferred), excellent Microsoft office knowledge – especially Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Effective presentation skills
• Must have good follow through
• Must be able to generate solid leads through industry contacts and associations.
• High integrity standards are a must
• Must be a team player and self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• As some projects maybe in secured areas, security clearance will be required
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Strong understanding of reading/interpreting drawings
• Excellent communication and interpersonal qualities
• Work in a team and foster confidence in all
• Strong computer skills
• Comfortable handling large files
• Willingness to travel – as needed
Executive Flight Centre Developments offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcdev.ca for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities within EFC Developments.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.