Bearskin Airlines - Thunder Bay, ON
The Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice performs duties assigned under supervision, using aircraft manuals, instruction and maintenance skills to develop skills with on the job work experience. The incumbent must familiarize himself/herself with all safety rules, Company procedures to maintenance repair and publications relating to their duties.
An AME Apprentice may be required to work indoors and outdoors, and encounter seasonal weather conditions, dirt, grease and odors from the aircraft. Occasional air travel can be expected in this position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Under the supervision of the AME, perform maintenance repairs on all Company aircraft following work procedures set out on Work Sheets; sign for all work performed
• Assist in the maintenance and cleanup of the hangar; may move aircraft inside/outside of hangar
• Perform weekly inspections with the Engineers on all aircraft and write up discrepancies
• Will be required to perform the duties and responsibilities as outlined in the MCM and MPM
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by consistently following all rules, regulations and prescribed work methods, and where necessary, reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions to a Supervisor or Health and Safety Committee Representative
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Senior Base Engineer
Education and Experience
• Completion of a Ministry of Transportation approved/accredited Aircraft Maintenance Program to obtain an apprenticeship placement
• Ability to interpret and comprehend a variety of aircraft technical manuals and maintenance records
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Grade 10
• Valid driver’s license required
• Must qualify for TBIAA Ramp Pass and Airside Vehicle Operators Permit
We offer: Full paid training, competitive wages, health benefit package, travel benefits with Bearskin and other Air Carriers, Pension Plan, Employee Share Purchase Plan.
Bearskin’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Bearskin Airlines does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.
Job Type: Full-time
• Completion of Transport Canada AME Apprentice Program: 1 year
• Aircraft Maintenance: 1 year
• High school or equivalent
• Thunder Bay, ON
Required licenses or certifications:
• Able to obtain Ramp Pass and Airside Vehicle Permit
Drivers License G
To apply send cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca