- Rank 6
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
Pacific Coastal Airlines groomers are responsible for cleaning interior and exterior of the aircraft, company facilities, offices and equipment. Groomers must have good organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage their workload with minimal supervision.
• Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat the pockets
• Ensure that the kitchen, galley and crew areas in the airplane are clean, tidy and safe
• Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
• Clean and sanitise aircraft galleys; mop floors and wipe down work surfaces
• Arrange seatbelts on seats and placement of headrests as required
• At regular intervals, detail aircraft by polishing, protecting, and cleaning
• Ensure equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
• Provide professional cleaning of the office areas as required
• Work with the maintenance team to ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained at all times
• Clean exterior areas of the aircraft
• Report all equipment malfunctions and health and safety matters to the duty manager
• Maintain high standards of safety and security at all time
• Assist maintenance team with other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Previous experience working in in a similar role and in an aviation environment is desired
• Good verbal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Physically fit and capable to lift up to 50 pounds
• No fear of heights
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work
• Flexible to work various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identity Card
Safety and Security:
This role will involve a wide range or manual handling activities such as lifting and carrying cleaning equipment as well as prolonged standing, walking, kneeling, bending and squatting in order to check and clean all the required areas
WHY PACIFIC COASTAL AIRLINES?
Company Culture:We honour our company motto of People Friendly, People First for both our employees and our passengers. We encourage a positive, caring workplace and put a high value on collaboration, accountability, and loyalty. We are inclusive, respectful, and have a friendly corporate culture.
Compensation: We recognize and value industry experience by offering competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience as well as a company-match Group RRSP to assist with retirement planning.
Health Benefits:We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, BC MSP, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program, paid sick days, and paid personal emergency days.
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their families, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on many other airlines across the world. Additionally, employees are eligible for corporate discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal Airlines network.
Employee Programs: We have employee recognition and reward programs, a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events throughout the year, and an online learning and development program.
Interested applicants please complete your job application by clicking on https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.