Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air is seeking Rotor Wing First Officers.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: ROTOR WING FIRST OFFICER
POSITION STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
LOCATION: ALL ROTOR WING BASES
REPORTING TO: CHIEF PILOT
COMPENSATION: AS PER COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Rotor Wing Pilots are responsible for all aspects of aircraft operation, must be able to fly in varying conditions, handle pressure well and be flexible and adaptable. Ornge aircraft are province wide resources and aviation personnel may be required to provide flight support at bases other than the home base where demand arises. All Ornge pilots are required to complete the company’s training program and successfully pass a Transport Canada PPC. They are responsible for following all applicable policies and Standard Operating Procedures. The Second-in-Command (SIC) assists the Pilot-in-Command with the flight planning and Aircraft preparation as directed by the Pilot-in-Command. They are responsible to the Pilot-in-Command for carrying out specific duties in connection with the operation of the aircraft to which they are assigned.
• Valid commercial Rotary-wing (H) License
• 500 Rotary-wing hours
• Completed ATPL Exams
• Valid Group 4 Instrument Rating
• Night Rating
• Valid Class 1 medical
• An AW-139 Type Rating and EMS experience is desirable
• Ability to successfully complete the Controlled Goods Security Assessment Application for Night Vision Goggle purposes
• Valid Canadian Passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the USA
• Immunization records with required vaccinations.
HOURS AND LOCATION OF WORK:
• Pilots are required to work various shifts and overtime, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays;
• During the course of their shift duties, Pilots will be required to overnight away from their home base;
• Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate within close proximity to the assigned base location, and reside or have a location that permits compliance with the CARs rest requirements between shifts and allows arrival at their assigned base within one and one half hour of callout when on an on-call shift; and
• Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment and they shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Officer will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.