Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
The Aviation department currently has the following position available:
Position Available: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME)
Status: Permanent; Full-time
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Department: Aviation Maintenance
Compensation: As per Collective Bargaining Agreement (OPEIU)
As a member of the Ornge Air maintenance team, successful candidates provide complete aircraft maintenance and support. Services include airframe inspections, including troubleshooting, functional checks and repairs of avionic and electrical systems, power plant removal and installations and warranty repairs, while ensuring proper adherence to Company policies and procedures.
In addition, the successful candidate will act and strive to improve processes, operational controls, strategy and coordinating activities with the Ornge Air team, while ensuring that operating efficiencies are maximized. Any employee who may be required to use respiratory protective equipment shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and, in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
• Must hold a current and valid Transport Canada M1 and/or M2 license with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience signing maintenance releases on normal category aircraft. Preference given to applicant’s with AW139 experience;
• Must have a valid driver’s license;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and E-mail;
• Valid Canadian passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the U.S.A;
• Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada;
• A Criminal Record Search and a Driver’s abstract are requirements for this position.
Willingness and availability to travel to other locations in Ontario is essential.
As this is not a touring position, candidates must live or be willing to relocate within close proximity to the base location.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line no later than October 14, 2018. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.