- Beech 1900D Captain
Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Flight Operations
Locations: Calgary, AB
Direct Report: Chief Pilot
Posting Expires: When Suitable Candidate is selected
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position you are applying for in the subject line, i.e. YYC 200 Captain.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
We are looking for a few individuals to join our team; Calgary based DCH8-300 First Officer, 1900 Captain and 200 Captain, as well as, Edmonton based 1900 Captain and 200 Captain. Our philosophy is that we want to find the right person to complement our existing workforce, not just a body to fill our recruitment needs. We work to ensure our teams are diverse, dynamic and well rounded.
If you’re wondering whether either of these positions, or even if North Cariboo is right for, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them!
• Complete all pre-flight duties including fuel requirements, weather, aircraft weight and balance, pre-flight inspection, flight plan/itinerary and securing of cargo/freight
• Brief passengers in accordance with the requirements outlined in Section 3 of the COM
• Complete all post flight duties, including notification/confirmation to company of the whereabouts of the aircraft when away from the base, recording flight times and any defects, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring that the required IFR/VFR charts, maps, etc., are on the aircraft as required for the flight
• Responsible for using the checklists provided in the aircraft
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• All other duties assigned
Experience & Qualifications
Position Specific Requirements:
• 1900 Captain (YYC & YEG):
• 2,000 hours Total Time
• 750 hours PIC
• 750 hours Multi Engine
• 500 hours Multi PIC
• 250 hours turbine
General Pilot Requirements
• Must hold a valid Commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot Licence
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent aviation experience
• Able to meet medical standards
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Possess a valid Canadian passport
• Eligible candidates must be Canadian citizens (or have landed immigrant status) possessing a valid driver's license
• Able to obtain Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card
• Preference will be given to candidates with time on type
• Free On-site parking
• Competitive benefits package
• Uniform provided, with monthly allowances