As Canada’s only independent low fare airline that’s exactly what we’re doing at Flair Airlines: By consistently offering airfares that are a fraction of the ticket prices of “those other airlines”, we are making air travel an affordable option for millions of couch-bound Canadians.
Flair has actually been around for a dozen or so years but in 2018 we have morphed from a charter operator to a low cost/low fare scheduled carrier and moved our Head Office to Edmonton. On track to carry a million passengers in 2018, we plan to more than double the size of our operation in the coming few years and to do that we need the right people to help get us there.
Yes, we’re an airline but we truly believe that our product is our people. Low fares are important, but it takes great people delivering consistently outstanding customer-focused service to build brand loyalty.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fun, reborn, game changer of a company that’s) going places (pun intended) then maybe it time to get some flair in your life.
• Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role is a member of the Finance management team.
• This position is responsible for hands-on-full cycle accounting and assisting with other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Manage the corporate accounting and reporting functions for the organization by establishing processes and internal controls that ensure financial information integrity and compliance with regulatory requirements and financial reporting standards.
• Develop, recommend, implement and monitor all accounting and finance policies and procedures for the purpose of creating reliable and accurate financial information while minimizing financial risk.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and associated reporting.
• Preparation of variance analysis and providing strategic financial advice and support to Senior Management and Executive teams in order to make sound business decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business admin or in a related area and CPA designation
• Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience for a firm, major company or division of a large corporation; with a minimum of two (2) years at a managerial level demonstrating analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills in managing moderate to complex financial and accounting issues. Airline experience preferred.
• A thorough knowledge of ASPE and IFRS reporting standards
• Must be adept at encouraging entrepreneurial/innovative ideas and build consensus at all levels of the organization
• Strong self-confidence with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills