We are seeking a strong leader for our rapidly growing on-board team, someone who will in turn help drive the airline’s expansion: Flair currently has a fleet of seven Boeing 737-400’s but that number is going to more than double within the next two years. This starts in the next few months with the introduction of B737-800NG equipment. This summer we flew to 10 domestic points from Victoria to Halifax and this winter we are introducing six seasonal trans-border destinations. We are on track to carry close to a million passengers this year.
Based in Edmonton, the Flight Attendant Manager will be expected to inspire the inflight team to reach new heights as part of our overall commitment to refreshing and building the Flair brand. Discipline is important - but having some fun is also a vital component. We believe that if our people enjoy doing their jobs, our passengers are much more likely to enjoy having it done to them!
This is a post holder position as described by the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards (CARs/CASS), that will report to the Director of Flight Operations (DFO) and will have to mitigate challenges seamlessly, to ensure we meet all regulatory and safety criteria.
Primary Job Functions
The Flight Attendant Manager is accountable for the professional standards of the cabin crews under their authority through strong, warm and committed leadership. Through a lens of impeccable customer service and a total commitment to safety, our new leader will aim to:
• Develop a culture of committed customer service and safety that is evidenced by your team as they wear, walk and talk the Flair Airlines culture proudly, on and off the aircraft.
• Ensure the current and approved flight attendant training program, role coaching, role improvements and subsequent training are impeccably performed, all the while leading by example in your every day activities.
• Ensure Flight Attendant manuals, training, actioning and supervision is held to the highest-level of accuracy possible, while being mindful of mentorship, coaching, support and leadership for your Flight Attendants.
• Work in close liaison with all other company departments to ensure effective two-way communication, respect, support and deliverables are upheld.
• Partner and collaborate with Human Resources, to maintain the Flair reputation of industry leading customer service and safety through the training methods, design and administering of the Flight Attendant performance management system: This is followed up by real time and scheduled coaching, guidance and mentorship.
• Encourage our Flight Attendants to proudly follow professional and personal grooming standards and provide their regular input into the design and of the Service Training programme.
• Ensure that you and the entire Flight Attendant team are fully trained and proficient in meeting all duties and obligations within the Safety Management System for Flair Airlines.
The Flight Attendant Manager spends most of their time strategizing, leading and inspiring team members at head office and around the crew bases and will also frequently work on the line as a flight attendant. This will engage and inspire your team as you lead by example. You may be required to work a variable schedule including holidays, weekends, and long days.
Qualifications and Education Requirements include:
• Several years experience as a flight attendant and as an instructor would be ideal.
• Several years experience in management and supervisory positions.
• Completion of post-secondary education and/or technical training in aviation would be an asset.
• Comfortable and familiar with the contents of the air operator's operations manual, air operator certificate and operations specifications as are necessary for the performance of the assigned duties;
• Comfortable and familiar with the Aeronautics Act, the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards, as are necessary for the performance of your new leadership duties;
• Demonstrate to the Minister of Transport, the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
• A second language, preferable French or Spanish, would be an asset
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (word, excel, outlook etc.)
• Familiarity with industry specific computer programs, and training will be given as required.
Required Competencies for all Flair Airlines Team Members!
All Flair Airlines team members aim to demonstrate the motivation to work hard, be successful, achieve difficult goals and complete challenging tasks.
Our new leader will be able to promote teamwork, cooperation and identification within the work group.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
Our new Flight Attendant Manager will build relationships based on integrity and trust. They will lead by example and act as a role model to the flight attendant team and others.
Our well-trained and courageous new Flight Attendant leader will effectively cope with change and be able to make decisions sometimes without all the information. Needs to be comfortable with a changing set of circumstances and be able to adjust accordingly.
How to Apply:
Please apply online directly to the posting. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet, or surpass, the requirements of the Flight Attendant Manager position. Further information about the Company can be found at www.flairair.ca.
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate phone inquiries.
Our Flight Attendant Manager’s salary will be commensurate with experience. Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions), and a staff travel program.
We look forward to meeting you at Flair Airlines!