KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Come deliver the KF experience in the beautiful Okanagan valley and beyond. We’re seeking a recruit to join our growing team at YLW as a Process & Planning Supervisor.
Reporting to the Manufacturing & Repair Shops Manager, the Process & Planning Supervisor is a proven leader with a background in project management. A well-rounded Engineer, the right candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) and will have Engineering experience in a high-tech environment.
This position is responsible for the implementation of manufacturing processes including, but not limited to: work flow, process flow, processing specifications, process characterization, process monitoring/control methods, material handling, tool selection, consumables, documentation, training, support, and equipment service/maintenance.
The Process and Planning Supervisor is responsible for 5 key areas:
The Process & Planning Supervisor will be responsible for implementing engineering changes and providing feedback during design reviews. They will help assure product and process quality by reviewing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes. They will also help develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and then testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
This position oversees a team of eight and prioritizes their areas of focus as a team. They will assist in the hiring process for new employees, as well as provide coaching & feedback for current employees.
This position will ensure proper recording of all maintenance documentation in the department. They will conduct investigations & implement corrective action for any production issues, as well as maintaining production schedules & status reports for the department.
This position provides professional & efficient customer service to internal & external customers. Customer satisfaction is the core of our customer service objectives, the Process & Planning Supervisor will be required to issue customer satisfaction surveys and analyze the information to understand our customer’s satisfaction levels with regards to our organization’s products, services, and experiences.
Financial & Administrative
This position will oversee quotes & estimates provided from the Planning & Manufacturing team, as well as creating reports of costs incurred to date on projects.
• Minimum 3 years Leadership experience
• Post-secondary education such as a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering, or a related field to work as a manufacturing process engineer
• Must have manufacturing engineering experience in a high-tech environment, preferably in a precision machining setting
• Detailed understanding of related ISO 9000 Quality Management principles
• Proficient MS Office Suite programs and relevant technical skills and knowledge may include CAD, analytical PMP software, computer numerical control software and resource planning (ERP) software. Experience with Product Lifecycle Management Software (PLM)
• Experience with SOLIDWORKS would be preferred
• AS9100 knowledge and experience an asset
• Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and documentation specifications
• Experience with metal forming, heat treating, and welding required
• Strong working knowledge of Transport Canada regulations
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As a Process & Planning Supervisor with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft with annual performance and wage reviews.
Beyond a competitive salary, and the chance to be at the center of a vibrant international travel hub, we offer you:
• Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
• A Health Spending Account
• Disability, Critical Illness and Life Insurance
• An Employee & Family Assistance Program
• An Employee Pension
• Jump seat travel available on company aircraft
• Annual company profit sharing program
• Personal Time Off and much more
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Process & Planning Supervisor position at kfaero.ca/careers today!